What color is this TLC Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what color this custom 62 from TLC is? I emailed Jonathan Ward a while back and he and the shop couldn't find what mix they used. Just curious if anyone has a good guess.

IMG_1820.jpg

As a wild guess......looks to be some sort of "Stone" color...sand stone is close but sure it is called something else in car/truck colors....don't see any flake or would have guessed titanium of some sort...………...

I cannot believe the number pf paint shops who shoot a custom color and don't write down the formula, type/color, etc. Inexcusable. Like no one will ever touch up or repaint a panel? I'm fighting this now on a truck I own, so maybe I'm extra sensitive.

He knows exactly what color it is - it's custom - just not willing to share it with the world. It's something they came up with which makes their vehicle stand out from the crowd. He's in the business of selling high end resto-mod cruisers. Don't blame him one bit for not sharing the recipe to that color - it looks really great

He knows exactly what color it is - it's custom - just not willing to share it with the world. It's something they came up with which makes their vehicle stand out from the crowd. He's in the business of selling high end resto-mod cruisers. Don't blame him one bit for not sharing the recipe to that color - it looks really great

I bet you’re right. And I don’t blame him either. That’s why I thought I’d ask the mud community

I think it's a very close match to Dune Beige. I'll start here for mine and add/mix to my liking. Thanks everyone for the input.

1990_FJ62_142_showroom.jpg

baf5b1baac6143ecaf3bddc538a9786c.jpg

I want to say maybe he mentioned it being an older Porsche color? Or perchance an older Aston Martin color that they tweaked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom