What can I do about valve while cover open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decide to open valve cover while I fix distributor O ring swap.
I have chance clean throttle more clean this time while it;s out, I clean valve cover it self.

My friend told me that "it's nice to open valve cover and clean inside to help oil flows" of cause he not drive LC but honda.

What would you do for clean? or where should I clean to help oil flow he is talking about?

It's 1995 LC has 251.000 miles and drive like champ now. I have no idea what last owner did maintenance before since no record at all.

100_3205.jpg

100_3206.jpg

100_3207.jpg

100_3208.jpg

There's not a whole lot you can do with it while the head is still attached to the vehicle.

No point in taking rags and cleaner to it, as then you'll want to take the cams off to make sure you didnt get any non-oil under the bearings; and even if you did clean it up, it wouldn't do anything.

CHROME the valve cover!!!

Ybhc is correct. Not much you can really do. Make sure you replace the spark plug tube seals and PCV grommet while it's off.

That's a very clean valve train, a sign of good maintenance history. No need to clean anything. The oil keeps everything lubed and clean.

You could check the valve clearances. It is easy to check, but a bit more fiddly to actually correct if needed.

Check valve clearances (done with engine cold)

Replace sparkplug gaskets

Replace VC gasket

Get VC cleaned professionally.

Change oil cap gasket

Let sleeping crud lie. There is no benefit of cleaning it. It will just come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom