What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent the day working on our GX470. New lower A arms, tie rods and boots, and shocks. Was a long day!

20180331_122333.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, not as bad as you might think. The control arms loaded with ball joints were $140 each.

Lower ball joint boots were shot and it needed an alignment. I figured the cam bolts were seized, and it was easier to replace the ball joints this way.

I ditched the factory electronic adjustable shocks for 4Runner KYBs. Next up is brakes.

Still haven't done the timing belt..... another whole can of worms. Right now I'm just trying to get it ready for inspection.

It took 3 months to get the title - been driving on a temp MD tag the whole time!

The title came last week and going to PA register it Monday. I think i have 10 days after that to get it inspected.

Technically you can get it inspected at any point (even with out of state tags) as long as you have some sort of registration and insurance, but you are correct 10 days from the time it’s registerd in pa.

Mated the bumper and the winch ... but having some issues getting it over the frame and mounted. Trying to ratchet strap the frame today to see if that helps. Past that .... I'm totally open to suggestions.

In the stupid sh!t that only I seem to do category. Got a speed wrench stuck on this bolt for like 30 mins. I didn't realize it did not have the same clearance as the other side. Yelled in frustration and wife came out to make sure I was OK. She then asked what it was and how much it cost ... FAIL :censor:

Getting closer to being trail ready though

Installed the new AC compressor. Hoping its all good and still holds a vacuum since I moved the drier. I have a new spare if needed, but don't want to work backwards.

Picked up all new rotors and pads. Still need to find time to do this. Also got all the hardware for the front knuckle & birf rebuild too. Not ready to tackle that atm.

Finally, since I can't seem to fix one thing without immediately finding the next broken item, I tried to better secure this speed sensor and now the speedo doesn't work at all and I have a PO500 code. It's been busted and hanging like this since I bought the truck. Man this is frustrating :bang:

@Cass007 post some pics of trying to put the bumper on. And bumper brackets too. What is the specific problem

I finally got it ... mostly. Had to ratchet strap the frame rails and pull them together. Then stop caring about the powder coat and "tap it" 20-30 times side to side with a 2lb sledge hammer. Got the strap from the ratchet stuck under the lower flange for like 20 mins ... that was fun. Top and bottom bolts look like they will line up, not sure about the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom