What are you running for alarm/anti theft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Visible deterrent is good. I use a steering wheel club and have it pointing up so all can see. Don’t want them breaking a window or prying the door open to find out.
Not sure it will prevent the pro from stealing it but will hopefully keep honest people honest.

Having a kill switch in addition might be a good idea.

Rust and multiple paint colors can be a deterrent. I am more worried about things being stolen off my truck like the jerry can or vader light hood.

1. Several VERY vocal dogs.
2. Steering wheel bar.
3. Glock in 357 Sig (See #1 above!)

The battery disconnect I use. Has a padlock. Amazon, about $75.

9BF4F377-FE7B-4ADE-97D3-691E800FC1AF.png

47C1BDCA-DEE9-4178-940C-FD432536E1E6.png

3B diesel with the EDIC converted to push pull cable. Lol love to see anyone figure out the three positions and if they do i'd say they deserve it.

3B diesel with the EDIC converted to push pull cable. Lol love to see anyone figure out the three positions and if they do i'd say they deserve it.
Wait isn’t non EDIC the one with the push pull thing on the dash?

As others have said, kill switch, club on steering wheel, and thinking about an apple air tag for tracking (need more research on this).

...thinking about an apple air tag for tracking...
Hmmmm, cool idea! I believe that works with the “Find My” app, so it would show up on an actual map!

I have been thinking about the same thing. A kill switch of some type... Here are the two options so far based on searching the internet. Price and approach for each option are very different. Thinking I might go with option 1. Cheapest and really not planning on leaving the FJ40 anywhere unattended for long.

Option 1: With a horn mounted in the cab somewhere.

1621212159436.png

Option 2: Full Battery Disconnect

1621212234099.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom