What are you running for alarm/anti theft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
Been driving the 40 a bit more and worried about theft. What are you guys running for alarm or anti theft? Thinking about alarm and kill switch. Any good ones out there?

Bussman re-settable breaker under the hood. No reason it can't be in the cab. Push the button and the rig is disabled.

I’ve been thinking about this a bit too. With the top on I have electric lock and a remote. All 3 doors lock and unlock by the remote. It has worked out very well while the top is on. Now that it’s warm and running topless would be nice I have been thinking of adding a remote activate kill switch to secure the vehicle when parked in public sans roof & doors. Is there a commercially available option for this? If I produced a solution, is there a market for it. I’m about ready to market a remote electric door lock solution for <‘75 vehicles with no externally visible modifications.

Bussman re-settable breaker under the hood. No reason it can't be in the cab. Push the button and the rig is disabled.

I may do that. Maybe run in the glovebox and lock it up.

I’ve been thinking about this a bit too. With the top on I have electric lock and a remote. All 3 doors lock and unlock by the remote. It has worked out very well while the top is on. Now that it’s warm and running topless would be nice I have been thinking of adding a remote activate kill switch to secure the vehicle when parked in public sans roof & doors. Is there a commercially available option for this? If I produced a solution, is there a market for it. I’m about ready to market a remote electric door lock solution for <‘75 vehicles with no externally visible modifications.
I do want remote locks! And electric windows

One of my friends, in high school, had a "kill switch," under the seat, in his '76 Toyota pickup, that he and his dad rehab'd in the late 80s.

I always liked the bars welded to the brake and clutch pedals with a hole in the middle where they overlap. Padlock goes through the hole - then your clutch and brake are locked together.

Alternatively you can build the same thing with a tightly fitting hinged, locked metal ring around the pedals.

But as others have said - it’s stick-shift, nobody knows how to steal it anymore...

How about pulling coil wire?

Reality is most millenials are WAY to lazy to attempt theft, then there is the clutch, ha ha!

Kill switches are easy to rig up and hide. However, I would like something that disables it from moving so that people couldnt easily tow it.
Of course I’d you are that worried about it getting towed away, maybe time for a better place to park. :)

I leave 44 in very remote area and always hope it will still be there when I return.

So,

1. Hood lock. Originally had and ignition isolator (kill switch). It was off-the/shelf and had a lot of issues. I had to disable the isolator, so I could get home.

2. Hidden battery switch.

3. Electric fuel pump disable switch (hidden).

4. Locking bar, to keep the tranny in reverse.

5. .44 mag accurate enough from elevation to scare the hell out of whomever.

I’ve never had anyone mess with it, but I don’t want to either.

And she’s garaged when in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom