what after mkt. steering wheel fits 71 fj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I recently bought a 71 fj40 and I broke the steering gear box as soon as I got home trying to take the slack out of the worm gear, so I hooked up with the guys from Ironpig and got every thing for a power steering upgrade. I have it all on and I would like to put a new (smaller) steering wheel on. But No one seams to know adapter kit to use. Anyone have any idea. Thanks McKIDD

so far every toyota steering wheel ive tried has fit my 78 fj 40. most of them have been from mid 80s cars so maybe take a trip to the junk yard and look around. now im useing one from a 85 celica.

I haven't been involved with this for a zillion years, but I remember back in the day that a Grant wheel adapter for a Toyota Corolla was also the listing for the early FJ40's.

AE86 corollas sure had fancy wheels...
celica wheels would look better in a cruiser i think tho.
No power steering for me so i need the leverage, one be changing my wheel anytime soon :steer:

Since the subject was brought up......hos about a 77 FJ40? Would a Corolla adapt the same or do have to look else where?

Since the subject was brought up......hos about a 77 FJ40? Would a Corolla adapt the same or do have to look else where?
fj 60 or 62 fit right on and you can drill holes for pins so the t sig shuts off .good luck

I'm not sure where the splines changed (at what production date), but my guess is Mark Algazy will know!!!

I believe it is the grant adapter 4579 that I used and worked with any grant wheel. Be sure you have power steering before you go to a smaller wheel, unless you have huge arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom