Well this just happened........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to sell my ARB roof rack soon, decided I need something lighter to take on and off since that will stop me from parking in my apartment parking garage and the ARB weighs near 100 lbs by itself..... I pulled it on and off a few times last weekend when I was trying to figure out the mounting for it and decided after a long wheeling/camping trip i'm not really going to feel like pulling that thing off by myself after unpacking everything.

So i'm going to make a J-moose style rack for it. @lumbee1 I may need to bug you on some pointers. Got any building pics of the new one... I saw some from your older short one that you sold. Going to use trailtaylor mounts most likely.

But that won't be until after the sliders and skid plates. Just going to use my yakima load bars for now.

Anyway after getting some more free time I finally figured out how to turn on the HID lights. (frayed wire)

So here is a poser picture after I drove the cruiser back to its current home.

upload_2017-5-18_15-0-5.png

They are the Kragen HID brand I believe so nothing great but will do for now..... I really want to get my old light forces back to put on here.

Last edited:
The brown man dropped off some goodness to me today. TjM front locker to strengthen the weak 100 front.... double that for the 98-99 model.
I missed the summit sale but luckily found someone that bought one and decided to go in a different direction. So I got it for the sale price.

Also usps dropped of the @pfran42 front clamp kit for the cv boots.

IMG_20170607_162534_878.jpg

IMG_20170607_162534_877.jpg

20170607_162459.jpg

Now to find an installer that doesn't want an arm or a leg or wait until I buy the gears to go along with this endevour

also @shellb picked up some stock 16" rims for me so i'll be getting out of the ghetto fabulous wheel game.

May give treadwright a try... they've come a long way in their process since they were brand new.

Besides the Denso winch there were also some turd stickers in the box, so I threw them on the truck and then stopped by the river to just sit and take it in for a bit.

20170608_192218.jpg

20170608_192226.jpg

Looking good!

well it will after my new wheels arrive... LOL

u got those salad shooters listed on ebay or craigs? Somebody out there will want them.

not until I get my new wheels and tires..... don't think my family would appreciate a cruiser up on blocks after I sell them.. LOL

Yeah they will be easy to sell to the Tundra/Sequoia crowd around here

Very useful on blocks, like an outside room.

Understood.

Found the winch number.... it was under a teq sticker that had been cut perfectly to cover it on the back.... the things people do... lol

20170610_123846.jpg

its alive

going to clean it up before install... debating a full resto on it in terms of powder coat but I think i'll hold off on that for a while

Got to get a remote wired up, for some reason (I'm guessing because the remote was lost) a toggle switch was wired up in its place. Going to use that to wire up in cab controls but also wire in a plug for a warn remote.

20170610_160510.jpg

20170610_160708.jpg

Dubs are up on the chopping block. Stock LX470 wheels local for $50. May give treadwright a try for tires if I can't find some good used Tires locally

20170723_131605.jpg

Can I still keep the sharpie eyebrows on andrea?

Cuban humor..... its kinda like that jeep thing ;)

Now, that is funny right there. You guys remember the CCCP that used to be on some Soviet flags (the cirillyc for soviet union)? Some cousins that came from Cuba in the 80s told me that in Cuba it stood for "Cuando Carajo Comeremos Pollo", roughly "when the hell are we going to eat chicken". No food thanks to communism....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom