Welcome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MOTOV8R

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
photos.motov8r.com
This is a forum for cruiser folks in the treasure valley area to discuss land cruiser events, stuff for sale, help needed, ongoing projects, etc.

There is no formal club or structure associated with this group. Matching tattoos are highly recommended but not required.

If you are new to this forum, please introduce yourself.

Nice job Ken! Thanks for getting this going.

Name's Dan, list of 'collection' is in my sig. line.

Current project is the BJ75 , although they all are projects, I'm just more focused on it.

I'm downtown Boise and have been slowly downsizing due to limited space, so I'll be listing stuff for sale.

Tasche here, current vehicle is a 78 FJ40 that I've been building/driving since '08. Next project on it is a H55, that came from Dan's downsizing!

Hi from the Wood River Valley (Hailey), not the Treasure Valley but close enough that I wanted to check in. My name is J.W. and my current cruisers are a 1972 FJ40 and a 1993 FJ80. I would definitely be interested in any local events or trail rides that are going on in the Treasure Valley, we have a small disorganized group here that wheel and are always looking to see new places and meet folks.

full

full

Name: Adam

Been into Land Cruisers since I was in high school.
Had a 1970 FJ40, 1972 FJ40, 1984 FJ60.

Have currently:
1982 FJ45 troopy
1987 FJ60 (engine dead last week)
1999 100

Thanks Dan for he heads up on the forum

Name: Scott

I have been playing with Land Cruisers for about 20 years, Was a member of Northwest Cruisers of Idaho back in the day.
Just picked up a 1995 FZJ80 last Aug and have been furiously getting it camp ready. as a result my 1975 FJ40 has been hanging out in the back yard...

I ran into Dan's wife last weekend up at Bogus when I asked who's silver 80 is that? I contacted Dan here on Mud and he said I should introduce myself here!

A few gratuitous pics of the rigs...

20170817_185117.jpg

SPB_0365.JPG

20160808_113208.jpg

scottb2 (1).jpg

Thanks for having me on board!
Do you guys ever want to get together and do a camp/run?

Not yet; not enough people talking here to try; but I'd like to do group runs at some point.

Off question, what rivers have you used the snorkel on?

ZERO! and hope to stay that way! Its more of a Clean/Cold air intake for my supercharger. :grinpimp:

If you look close on the pic of my 40 you will see a TA hood scoop doing the same thing!
Cold air = more power! :)

And I have crossed rivers in the 40, as deep as me sitting in water up to my waist pushing a good sized bow wave..

Darn, was hoping there were some places around here to get wet. lol. The one river I've forded was easy enough, but its a bit scary when you lose traction mid stream and have to wait to find a larger rock on the bottom. This was taken before it got that deep: eventually had water almost over the rear tires - have always wondered if I sucked water into the diff vent - but afraid to look.

View media item 59346

Yep, I was being pulled down stream about 20 yards or so... pucker factor!!
I dont like water crossing that deep, having to check/repack wheel bearings and differential oil is not a lot of fun!

Dave checking in. Just met Dan via email and he let me know about this group. Recently purchased an 80 for dirt cheap and have been improving it with junkyard parts. Would like to diesel swap at some point. Have a small shop in Garden City and will likely be making bumpers/racks/etc for these things. Happy to host a meetup if desired at said shop. Could have a project weekend or something like that (saturdays are better). The group tattoo could be chosen at this meetup??

IMG_1160.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom