Welcome to the Family 1981 HJ47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
1981 Toyota HJ47 Troopy This is going to be a long story. Here on Mud in 2007 a post was created by PACTOY ( Randy ) Soldier's Diary/The Last 24 Hours In Iraq Randy and I became friends when we started sending him care packages when he came home he was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the Marines. I had helped him work on his 40. Between deployments we would have him up to the house and even came along on a Surf n Turf trip. Wendy and I by following his thread made friends and mailed out packages to other Mud members deployed. Randy has since retired and stays in Okinawa where he married and has to children. The Troopy stayed in Florida at his brothers. after 4 years of making comments and hinting it would be better off in Calif Randy and I came to an agreement. We talk as often as we can, He's a Great friend and Cruiser Brother. here are a few of the very first pictures I received back in November 2019 that really got the ball rolling. His Brother used to start it every so often the last 4 years it just sat outside.

20840 (1).jpeg

20838.jpeg

Where in that 30 page thread does the 45 come in to play?

Glad this guy found you. Now do you and slap some camo paint on it with a 1.75 house brush.

I have No idea what your talking about ?
... now I know what it means .

Love the design of a rooster ... and quarante sept = forty seven in french ... pkayed a bit with the language and the rooster design & made a quick 47 door sticker.
Remember Gustave Eiffel.;)

Last edited:
Something curious.
I explained it inclusive a link to a jap. horoskope and after explaining some put likes under your post.

a) your 47 was " born" in 1981
b) forty seven in french is quarante sept
c) the animal for 1981 in the jap. culture is a rootster.
d) played a bit & combinated this to a sticker .... hope you all got it now;)

New one ... just now ..wrenched.
quarante sept 7.png

@ landcrusher your friend and the prev.owner of the quarante sept ;)
lives in japan married a japanes women stays in Okinawa.
I wrote about Gustave Eiffel a french engineer & architect in your Baja California thread...
and so my idea was born to make a quick sticker (rusty color) .....a combination of both.

Last edited:
Getting back to how this all came about. After Randy called me and we worked out a deal. My mind was all over the place This is my Dream Cruiser. Not only that but we also figured since the Troopy was coming to California we might as well have the 1977 FJ40 12HT 5 speed shipped out as well ( I will provide more info on that gem later ) So in March the deal was set. Now I needed to figure out how to get them to Cali. After speaking with his Brother in Florida ( Great guy ) there was no hurry and whenever it worked for me they would be ready. COVID 19 and the rest killed any plans on getting them anytime soon. A month ago while visiting Georg @orangefj45 we talked about the travels of Bill @bkcruiser. I called Bill and he said if it worked out he was within a few States that might work. A few weeks ago Bill was going to Houston for some work and getting some wheeling in at Mason Texas K2. Bill dropped off his Mini truck in Bonham TX at Josh Ass Farm and headed for Florida.

29100.jpeg

Bill made it back to Texas where @Texican couldnt wait to start crawling over the rigs and we swapped some funny text messages between us. The 40 was unloaded and stored until a later date and after a few days the trailer was re loaded with the Troopy and a 70 series for delivery to Calif. I was home the day met me in a local parking lot so we could swap the rigs from trailer to trailer. Once we got everything secured we made it to my house for a few beers and BBQ. Bill had some Great road stories and soon was on his way to the next stop. I was all over the Troopy checking out everything and just in awe. This is my Dream rig. Those who have followed my Road trips over the years know this rig is going to see some miles in the future.

IMG_20200617_135951877.jpg

IMG_20200617_144045587_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200617_170238096.jpg

Convertin her to LHD Rob?

..no need for a lhd conversation *.. a lot (the majority,... 99,45%) Ladies & Gentlemen here in Europe
drive their english rhd (bought in Britain) cars sitting on the right and steering on the right.
Bentley, Morgan , MG, Land Rover, Rolls and so on...
.... all said.
* conversion.;)

& to complete this until 1976 all new italian trucks came with RHD.
FIAT 690 N3
600px-Fiat_690_6.JPG

Last edited:
Air it up and fresh fuel and I think you'd be good to go. The roof basket and bar work is handy to have ( especially for a chase vehicle) but that jumper thumper probably weighs a fair bit.

i drove some RHD cars. All what sometimes happened was ...before starting you go to the "wrong" side of the car.
But you see it fast no steering wheel in front of you.

Today I complete my texts in your thread.
Bahamas * a stone`s throw away from the US.
Most cars there are imported from the USA and are left hand drive...steering wheel on the "wrong "side for the traffic.
Traffic drives on the left- hand side of the road.

Ask me how I know.. we had the thanksgiving turkey there.;)
* & what have I driven? A left hand drive US Convertible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom