Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all, long time lurker. Just traded my 2011 LC for a 2020 Heritage. I've been (hence, the name, and I still am) a life long Jeep guy but these LCs just grabbed my interest the last couple years.

View attachment 2352079
Sweet ride there. Funny that a 2020 Heritage is probably why I have my 2013 LC just picked up Friday. Story goes the previous owner just traded his (now mine) 2013 in for one.

Hey all,

Just got a 2013 LC Friday with 75K miles. Took me a couple weeks after searching and missing out to get this. Really lucked into one with some nice upgrades...OME BP suspension, Icon 17" wheels with Nittos, and Rhino Rack with Pioneer platform. So stoked to get it out and get into some mud.

Had a 2017 4Runner but got badly hail damaged a couple weeks ago so got rid of it and moved up. Have already used this forum to figure out a couple things.

- Simpleman
View attachment 2391893
Great find. I really like the silver. I don’t see to many on the east coast. Enjoy it

Great find. I really like the silver. I don’t see to many on the east coast. Enjoy it
Lots of white and black LCs here. Don't remember seeing a gray one like yours...looks sharp.

What's common there? Just saw a red 2008 listed in Denver for sale, and Carfax said it has spent most of its life in NY.

Shout out for this forum.

Bought my '13 LC Friday and have already used this forum to fix 2 minor issues that were bugging me:

1 - AC and cabin air filter. Had the same issue as others here with the AC staying on auto and always defaulting back to 75 deg. Followed the recirc first then check cabin air filter next but found the accordion door was closed. Gently lifted it back until I heard an unnerving snap, which apparently was the correct sound to reattach the door. Works like a champ now and am not going to let anyone else mess with that filter but me.

2 - Homelink and garage door programming. Followed the manual but couldn't get the Homelink to take with the remote or rolling code. Guess the manual assumes you're a new user and don't already have existing programming in there that can prevent assign new remotes. Forum thread said to first press 1 & 3 buttons simultaneously to clear and then follow the manual. Works now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello from Nashville! First time LC owner but have had T4R and GX460 recently. I was forced to buy a vehicle when the Mercedes Benz car subscription-based pilot closed earlier this year. (It was a fun year swapping MBs as often as I wanted, oh, with no mileage restrictions. No wonder they closed the pilot...).

I now own a ‘20 LC base. Body matched the silver trim, door moldings and did a few other things like silver TRD wheels, HE badges, LRA 12.5, TerraGrapplers, OEM spacer, 2721 springs, and dual compressor.

You all have an awesome community, glad to be a part of it!

274DE57C-D4B7-4056-9FE0-47675D176C31.jpeg

64223477-02EA-47F0-80A3-3A31249BD8C8.jpeg

I guess it’s about time I posted. I joined to try to find myself a LC after I’ve been searching for a bit. And while I was originally looking for a good condition 100, I found a well maintained and great condition ‘13 on a Land Rover/Jaguar lot. The previous owner must have just put on the TRD tundra wheels and Falken tires, because they look brand new. I traded in my TRD Pro 4runner for this, and so far I’m super happy.
A448D76D-55BB-45C3-B95A-89B22B2A53A3.jpeg
C3D7C51B-C8B4-465F-B302-81A02B4E53F6.jpeg

Hello from Nashville! First time LC owner but have had T4R and GX460 recently. I was forced to buy a vehicle when the Mercedes Benz car subscription-based pilot closed earlier this year. (It was a fun year swapping MBs as often as I wanted, oh, with no mileage restrictions. No wonder they closed the pilot...).

I now own a ‘20 LC base. Body matched the silver trim, door moldings and did a few other things like silver TRD wheels, HE badges, LRA 12.5, TerraGrapplers, OEM spacer, 2721 springs, and dual compressor.

View attachment 2394520

View attachment 2394521
Welcome Neighbor!

View attachment 2394520

View attachment 2394521

View attachment 2394520

View attachment 2394521
Welcome Neighbor!

View attachment 2394520

View attachment 2394521

Any more pics from the side to show how it sits? What size tires did you end up with? Looks great!

Any more pics from the side to show how it sits? What size tires did you end up with? Looks great!

Thanks! 285/65/18. ARB drawers are next (primarily for clean, organized storage) and chewing on a front bumper. But I prefer the lower key look, so, who knows. The extent of off-pavement driving is FS roads to get to trail heads.

EA477539-E191-4CB1-8C57-CC776A7866BB.jpeg

Aspiring member here! Contemplating picking up this clean/certified 70k mile 200, aside from KDSS screw rust (which I'll be checking today), what else am I not thinking about? I'm coming from a '13 4Runner Trail edition with KDSS as well, so I'm aware of the hazard this system poses...

IMG_1747.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! 285/65/18. ARB drawers are next (primarily for clean, organized storage) and chewing on a front bumper. But I prefer the lower key look, so, who knows. The extent of off-pavement driving is FS roads to get to trail heads.

View attachment 2396790
Silver TRDs look great!

Aspiring member here! Contemplating picking up this clean/certified 70k mile 200, aside from KDSS screw rust (which I'll be checking today), what else am I not thinking about? I'm coming from a '13 4Runner Trail edition with KDSS as well, so I'm aware of the hazard this system poses...

What year?

Brake pads, rotors...just got one a couple weeks ago with 75k miles. Service history showed the front brakes/rotors done twice and rears once before I bought it.

Also check for signs of cam tower oil leak...never heard of that until I was researching here before I pulled the trigger.

What year?

Brake pads, rotors...just got one a couple weeks ago with 75k miles. Service history showed the front brakes/rotors done twice and rears once before I bought it.

Also check for signs of cam tower oil leak...never heard of that until I was researching here before I pulled the trigger.

This one is a '16. I've requested the service history, waiting on that now. The truck was owned by the owner of a dealership, and all service (at least according to CarFax) indicates that it was done at a single dealership, so hoping for a nice clean/consistent record!

Cam tower oil leak. Interesting. Will have to check that out.

092FF606-E8F8-4D1A-9DFF-272FCE3C2360.jpeg

Hello from Tennessee! I’m six months in to our “new to us” 2017 LX570, just turned 60k miles. Been looking for awhile... finally had to travel to Missouri to pick this one up. Already done many trips... still getting used to the tighter cargo space (coming from a minivan). Loving the luxury and I know that this beautiful ride (affectionately known as “Lady”) will be with us for many years to come. This is technically our second “LC”... I owned an ‘88 LC as a project car, that I still regret to this day selling. Enjoying the posts here!

View attachment 2396790

Are you running wheel spacers?

View attachment 2400200

Looks slightly lifted and a great find. Do you know the setup/tire size?

This one is a '16. I've requested the service history, waiting on that now. The truck was owned by the owner of a dealership, and all service (at least according to CarFax) indicates that it was done at a single dealership, so hoping for a nice clean/consistent record!

Cam tower oil leak. Interesting. Will have to check that out.

For instant access to the service history, you can create a Toyota owner's account (Welcome to Toyota Owners) and entering the vin as if it's your vehicle. Will show the Toyota dealer service records.

I'd never heard of the cam tower leak before until I was surfing around here. You may be ok with a newer one but might want to search this forum and know what to look for.

Hello from Houston! New 200-club member here 👋
Been lurking for a while and joined to get myself informed about what to look for during my search. I ended up finding a really clean bone stock 2015 mom-mobile with 82k on a Ford lot a few weeks ago; trade for a new Expedition.
Clean CarFax and a clean bill of health from my personal mechanic prior to purchase. I'm really excited to start my journey (and drag my family along with me 😂).

Also incredibly thankful for this community of folks. I've learned a ton already and look forward to learning a lot more!

(sorry for the crappy first pic)

IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7703.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom