Welcome to Portland Metro Cruisers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mid/Late January sounds good to me!

@FJ6T I am also down to help out, I eventually want to do the same and I need all the education I can get!

Cool. Im off work for a week around Christmas and hope to knock a large portion of it out. Today I installed new window felts, runners, and regulators on the passenger side front/rear and dynamat'd the inner shells of the doors. I need to take it in for a headliner before I can install the cargo glass and windshield but theres plenty of trim work to do in the meantime. Im in Tigard and if you want to lend just PM me.

Some things coming up are:
Winch mock up with factory front bumper
Install Trail tailor rear bumper / wire back spot lights and trailer hitch plug
mount factory rear tire carrier
drive shaft installs
clutch inspection cover mod/fab
fluids
knuckle rebuild
complete dash install and 5.3 sensors/adapters

The list is much longer but I just depressed myself...

Since it looks like you have the tub off, you could take it here American Metal Cleaning
They have tanks large enough to dip and chemically strip the entire body and bolt on parts. You would need to prime and seam seal when finished but you wouldnt run the risk of warping the panels from a blaster. I have an early bronco that will be getting that treatment.
Thanks. I'll contact them when I am ready to move onto the body stuff. That is a nice looking project you have going on there.

Cool. Im off work for a week around Christmas and hope to knock a large portion of it out. Today I installed new window felts, runners, and regulators on the passenger side front/rear and dynamat'd the inner shells of the doors. I need to take it in for a headliner before I can install the cargo glass and windshield but theres plenty of trim work to do in the meantime. Im in Tigard and if you want to lend just PM me.

Some things coming up are:
Winch mock up with factory front bumper
Install Trail tailor rear bumper / wire back spot lights and trailer hitch plug
mount factory rear tire carrier
drive shaft installs
clutch inspection cover mod/fab
fluids
knuckle rebuild
complete dash install and 5.3 sensors/adapters

The list is much longer but I just depressed myself...

I'd be interested in coming over to help out. We always help each other out with projects in my club back in GA.

I'd be interested in coming over to help out. We always help each other out with projects in my club back in GA.
Yeah man, hit me up when you get to town or when you think you'd have some free time.

bumper updates...

56686852398__11E1EE1F-31A9-4D19-A880-444CB599D94C.jpeg

56686845927__F8A4AAD9-D191-46FC-9317-B784E9EA97A7.jpeg

IMG_3902.jpeg

Just picked up a rough 04 LX470. New to the brand and the offroad world. Hope to see you all around as we explore and fix it up. Wrenched for years on old BMWs, so its really just a different book, similar words.

IMG_3268.JPG

There seems to be more activity in the summer months. Maybe a winter rally is in order? We had a few meet/greet/drink events last summer at a spot by the airport. @umpqua was usually the coordinator but he may be in hibernation.

There seems to be more activity in the summer months. Maybe a winter rally is in order? We had a few meet/greet/drink events last summer at a spot by the airport. @umpqua was usually the coordinator but he may be in hibernation.
Nope, I'm here. I was away for a bit in Mexico.
I'd love to get the group together. Anyone have thoughts on a meetup spot? Want to meet on the West side of town? If not, Level continues to work well for me.

February 9th at Level at 3pm?

I'm always down for meeting up with fellow cruiser psychos too...sadly 2/9 is the only weekend in February where i'm out of town.

if other dates get floated for Feb - i'd be IN.

Level is a good spot, I might even remember my growler this time. Open to other suggestions for places that have decent parking and a good menu.

I can make it whenevs I'm not skiing, so maybe, but I like meet ups. If anyone else is into skiing Meadows, that'll be most of my weekends for the next few months if that sounds like a cool meetup or people want to carpool... just got studded tires too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom