Welcome to Portland Metro Cruisers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello everyone. Jumping in here to introduce myself. I do not own a 60, nor am I a resident of the beautiful PacNW. I visit here quite often, as I have family in Washougal, and I am looking for work here in the Portland/Vancouver area. I would like to get to know fellow Toyota/Cruiserheads.
My current off road weapon of choice is a 1985 4Runner. I am also in the slow process of doing a frame off restomod of my my father's 1965 FJ40. Since the 40 is here, I only get to work on it when I visit. I also have a totally stock 91 2WD pickup as a DD, an 89 2WD pickup that I am doing a 1UZ-FE swap on, and a 95 4Runner that I plan on doing a 2WD-4WD conversion, SAS, auto to R150, and 3VZ to 5VZ swap. So as you can see, I have a mental imbalance when it comes to Toyota trucks.

Welcome @Ryno5150! That's an impressive collection of Toyotas you're amassing.

I'm always surprised by how many old 1st generation 4runners I see still rolling around town. How hard is it to remove the rear cargo roof?

I'm always surprised by how many old 1st generation 4runners I see still rolling around town. How hard is it to remove the rear cargo roof?[/QUOTE]h
Those tops are very heavy. I always con a buddy into helping me take it off. Just 12 bolts. It's actually not bad. I usually take it off in early March, then put it back on in late November/early December. I don't care much for driving it with the top on. Loses it's fun character.

Hello everyone. Jumping in here to introduce myself. I do not own a 60, nor am I a resident of the beautiful PacNW. I visit here quite often, as I have family in Washougal, and I am looking for work here in the Portland/Vancouver area. I would like to get to know fellow Toyota/Cruiserheads.
My current off road weapon of choice is a 1985 4Runner. I am also in the slow process of doing a frame off restomod of my my father's 1965 FJ40. Since the 40 is here, I only get to work on it when I visit. I also have a totally stock 91 2WD pickup as a DD, an 89 2WD pickup that I am doing a 1UZ-FE swap on, and a 95 4Runner that I plan on doing a 2WD-4WD conversion, SAS, auto to R150, and 3VZ to 5VZ swap. So as you can see, I have a mental imbalance when it comes to Toyota trucks.
Nice to hear of another local '65. Am working on my own to.

Greetings!

The idea to create this clubhouse came about after a bunch of us in the 60 series forum got together in real life at Cathedral Park and had a good time discussing all things cruiser. Although there are several excellent Landcruiser interest groups within the NW Oregon area, we felt like there was still room to create our own, fairly casual group.

Any suggestions for how you want to use this clubhouse would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
Greetings Chris and All,

I'm from SW Washington and restoring a 64 built FJ40. I admire 40's and 60's. Already learning things from this virtual clubhouse. Look forward learning more.
It's a long shot, but does anyone know who in Portland once owned my rig? I purchased it in WA, but it came from Portland before that. The corregated sides had corner windows.
Thanks,
Keith

Ridgefield.

This is a cool clubhouse. I feel bad that I havent spent much time on mud in the last couple years but I had been physically out of service, but I am slowly getting myself back into commission. Blah blah blah..... my point was that I picked up a 60 yesterday in Battle Ground and today the sellers and I towed it to Vernonia where my shop is...... I am giddy as heck. I have had some earlier series cruisers but I have always loved the fj60s (amongst others) but I am stoked and will be poking around on here again...... cheers to all ye North Westerners!

This is a cool clubhouse. I feel bad that I havent spent much time on mud in the last couple years but I had been physically out of service, but I am slowly getting myself back into commission. Blah blah blah..... my point was that I picked up a 60 yesterday in Battle Ground and today the sellers and I towed it to Vernonia where my shop is...... I am giddy as heck. I have had some earlier series cruisers but I have always loved the fj60s (amongst others) but I am stoked and will be poking around on here again...... cheers to all ye North Westerners!
RHD? Was it a long wait? Congrats!

RHD? Was it a long wait? Congrats!

Rhd? No ..was it a long wait? No, I just bought the fj60 yesterday and they towed it for me today very nice peeps, and thank you..... and I have an early stock rim for you if you are interested.

Since Battleground has that import vendor I wondered. Post pics of the 60!
So about the riveted rim (s?). If you can spare two for a fair price, and a chance to talk early cruisers, I could come to Portland most evenings (I work in the Lloyd District). Alternatively Vernonia on a weekend (today even). By 'talk early cruisers' I mean ask lots of stupid questions, and network.

New guy from Longview here. Recently picked up a 69 FJ40 after 20+ years of kicking myself for selling my last one. Not sure what my plans are for it yet but I'm sure it will be an adventure!

Hi all,
Bill "Billybongo63" Wright here,
Proud member of:
Toyota Land Cruiser Association
Cascade Cruisers
NW FJ Cruisers

Living in NW PDX/Beaverton

20170519_141703.jpg

SuperPhoto_160625124802.jpg

IMG_5258.JPG
IMG_5607.JPG
IMG_5606.JPG
Not the best pics but... just got done installing the pertronix ignitor and coil. A little smoother but still need to re time it. Plugs are showing that I'm running lean so I'll be checking for air leaks around the carb too.

hi all Portland area cruiser folks.

I'm starting down the road to swap out my A440F trans from my FJ62 and install a H55F. I have a lot of the parts already - and more on the way each week.

reaching out to the portland area to see if anyone has a 3F bell housing kicking around?

thanks all!
paul

PM here or txt my cell below.

Hey PMC members,

I'm new to mud but trying to get acquainted with other cruiser owners in the Portland area. I've got a grey 1990 fj62 (and matching dog that rides shotgun!), on an OME 3", 31" general grabbers, custom bumpers with swing out spare carrier (made by yours truly), in inner SE. It's the daily driver, so I'm sure I've been seen hot dogging around town. Just committed to doing the 5 speed conversion, and bought the h55 from broadway yota this weekend. I'm looking for some used parts from a late model 60: pedal bucket, cross member, bell housing from a 3f, an fj62 transfer case that I can rebuild and mount to the h55 while I'm gathering the rest of the parts.

Do y'all ever meet up and talk cruisers? Also - any other fly fishermen on here? always down for a trip out!

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome aboard, @JTFJ62PDX!

Meetups are totally ad hoc and can be arranged by anyone. We had our first of the year a few weeks ago at Level Beer and they were pretty accommodating to us. I'd love to see your spare carrier since I'm in the market for one.

Also, you should talk to @Paul DiNapoli about his H55 upgrade which last I checked is still in progress.

Hey PMC members,

I'm new to mud but trying to get acquainted with other cruiser owners in the Portland area. I've got a grey 1990 fj62 (and matching dog that rides shotgun!), on an OME 3", 31" general grabbers, custom bumpers with swing out spare carrier (made by yours truly), in inner SE. It's the daily driver, so I'm sure I've been seen hot dogging around town. Just committed to doing the 5 speed conversion, and bought the h55 from broadway yota this weekend. I'm looking for some used parts from a late model 60: pedal bucket, cross member, bell housing from a 3f, an fj62 transfer case that I can rebuild and mount to the h55 while I'm gathering the rest of the parts.

Do y'all ever meet up and talk cruisers? Also - any other fly fishermen on here? always down for a trip out!

Thanks,
Jason

nah - no fly fishers here!!
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/fullsizerender-3-jpg.1520401/
or here
salmon fishing

i'm just waiting for my drive lines to come back from the shop and then my 62 is sporting a fresh 5 speed conversion. happy to meet up with anyone who wants to hear lessons learned....assuming my transmission doesn't fall out on the first shake down cruise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom