Welcome to Portland Metro Cruisers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I’d drop in and say hi! New member of the forum and owner of an 89 HJ61. I‘m also new to LCs (but I’ve already learned so much since browsing these forums) and working on cars in general, so if anyone is down to offer assistance, it’d be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 2718708

View attachment 2718709

View attachment 2718710

View attachment 2718711
welcome aboard!!

that looks like one of those Yota Imports rigs. do you know it's history?

welcome aboard!!

that looks like one of those Yota Imports rigs. do you know it's history?
I think it was! I saw it listed on Yota Imports’ website. But I have no idea of the history. I know the second to last owner took it to Fit Garage in Bend and they knew that truck well there.

I’m so new to these cars and diesels in general, is there anything I should specifically look for since I don’t know the history? I honestly just want to do an entire fluid and oil change. Already got the radiator out getting re-cored in a shop right now.

I think it was! I saw it listed on Yota Imports’ website. But I have no idea of the history. I know the second to last owner took it to Fit Garage in Bend and they knew that truck well there.

I’m so new to these cars and diesels in general, is there anything I should specifically look for since I don’t know the history? I honestly just want to do an entire fluid and oil change. Already got the radiator out getting re-cored in a shop right now.
i want a diesel in my 62 so bad... hopefully next year i'll have the funds for it. it kills me to see a couple of 1HDT's pop up recently for sale at a fair price - and I have to hold off...kills me!

when i bought my rig the first thing i did was a full tune up - all fluids end to end - new radiator & water pump - belts & hoses type stuff. brakes were fine... tires were shot so she got bfg k02 33's - parted with a large chunk of cash - but she was road trip ready and we promptly took off on a 3000 mile round trip. she never missed a beat.

as for your rig - I don't know much about diesels - but for our trucks in general - always good to just baseline it with fluids / tune up stuff. check for rust / lube suspension points, etc... drive it for a bit and see what rattles / makes noise / etc... then build a list and start spending money!!

Also, forgot to mention this on the main 60 forum since it's kind of a Portland issue - but if it's parked outside get a Club, a pedal lock, or some other method of disabling the truck. Otherwise it WILL get stolen.

i want a diesel in my 62 so bad... hopefully next year i'll have the funds for it. it kills me to see a couple of 1HDT's pop up recently for sale at a fair price - and I have to hold off...kills me!

when i bought my rig the first thing i did was a full tune up - all fluids end to end - new radiator & water pump - belts & hoses type stuff. brakes were fine... tires were shot so she got bfg k02 33's - parted with a large chunk of cash - but she was road trip ready and we promptly took off on a 3000 mile round trip. she never missed a beat.

as for your rig - I don't know much about diesels - but for our trucks in general - always good to just baseline it with fluids / tune up stuff. check for rust / lube suspension points, etc... drive it for a bit and see what rattles / makes noise / etc... then build a list and start spending money!!
I understand! I just got this truck a couple weeks ago and I already wanted to do so many things to it… new turbo, intercooler, exhaust, roof rack and tent… so much $$$$ though!

Yup that’s what I was thinking too. Nothing really stood out when I was driving it but better to be safe than sorry and change all the fluids.

Also, forgot to mention this on the main 60 forum since it's kind of a Portland issue - but if it's parked outside get a Club, a pedal lock, or some other method of disabling the truck. Otherwise it WILL get stolen.
Yep I got a club on there right now. Also put wheel locks on. Couldn’t find a tire lock that would fit those tires though. I also have a flood light and two cameras pointed right at it with notifications turned way up loud in case anyone tries something during the night 😡

Thought I’d drop in and say hi! New member of the forum and owner of an 89 HJ61. I‘m also new to LCs (but I’ve already learned so much since browsing these forums) and working on cars in general, so if anyone is down to offer assistance, it’d be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 2718708

View attachment 2718709

View attachment 2718710

View attachment 2718711
Welcome! Always great to have another 61 and 12HT around. In addition to a club I am also looking into hidden kill switch for theft protection. My neighbors think we are nuts but I am always moving cars around to make sure mine is not the font one in the driveway. I keep it parked behind my wife's Volvo so they would have to get that out first before my cruiser.

Welcome! Always great to have another 61 and 12HT around. In addition to a club I am also looking into hidden kill switch for theft protection. My neighbors think we are nuts but I am always moving cars around to make sure mine is not the font one in the driveway. I keep it parked behind my wife's Volvo so they would have to get that out first before my cruiser.
Yeah that's something else I need to do! That's a great idea. Makes it much harder to move two cars. My driveway is short but I can probably squeeze my girlfriend's car behind my LC. If you can, get some Arlo wireless security cameras. They record anytime they detect motion and alert you the second they detect anything. That paired with a floodlight is a pretty strong deterrent too, I feel like.

Is anyone looking for this truck? Parked on SE 52nd and Lincoln, expired OR tags with a fresh tow warning. I’d hate to see it end up in an impound.

D53BDB2B-D5C6-4F38-B701-E9C4B6BAAA5C.jpeg

3DEC9AA6-C0E2-4487-AA19-CE2A67510A1F.jpeg

cruiser stolen!!!

our quiet little dead end is no longer my safe place!! :-(

FOUND!!!

Found today at SE 19th and Tibbets with minimal damage!

Not mine! Copying a Posting from ND in my hood..

Stolen 1987 Toyota Landcruiser blue
License #184FBU Text 503-320-6691 if spotted…please!!! 🙏🏼
Have reported it to police - case #21299335
Identifying college stickers on back window.
This is an old beloved vehicle that we brought up just Sunday night. Was stolen near NE 33rd and Bryce this morning (around 5am).

Stolen.JPG

Picture does not show but it now has a roof rack

Last edited:
Landcruiser NW is great. Josh who is well versed in diesels formally from Willamette is also working there now.

Landcruiser NW is great. Josh who is well versed in diesels formally from Willamette is also working there now.
Wait, Josh from Willamette Boulevard Service Center is working at Land Cruiser NW now?! He worked on my HJ61 earlier this year and did amazing work. Super nice guy who knows his stuff! I had no idea he went to work for Land Cruiser NW. Last I heard from him he planned on moving closer to St. Helens or Scappoose and possibly working out there. I’m planning on taking my truck to Land Cruiser NW in the coming month so I hope to see him there!

Wait, Josh from Willamette Boulevard Service Center is working at Land Cruiser NW now?! He worked on my HJ61 earlier this year and did amazing work. Super nice guy who knows his stuff! I had no idea he went to work for Land Cruiser NW. Last I heard from him he planned on moving closer to St. Helens or Scappoose and possibly working out there. I’m planning on taking my truck to Land Cruiser NW in the coming month so I hope to see him there!
Roger that!
I was down with my HJ61 a few weeks back having turbo problems and chatted rather extensively with Josh.

I have been going to LCNW for over 15 years and have always had great service with Matt and Tony. I was one of the first Toyota diesels they worked on when I had my BJ40 and their experience has been growing ever since. Josh is a great addition!

Great to know. I spoke with LCNW before I bought the truck but wasn't sure if they would be the go-to for everything including the powertrain. Really excited to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom