weird vibrations- need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From 0-30 the vibrations are coming from the front then 35-55 the vibrations come from the rear. Around 55 they go away then about 70 it returns again in the rear. Spent a few hours on the ground, everything in the front is tight. In the rear, the u-joint (less than a year old) at the pinion flange has slack in one direction and the pinion is a little leaky. The pinion seal is a year old yukon seal, did front and rear R&P a year ago with yukon everything. Also has an Aussie in the rear, there is slack at the pinion but I was under the impression it was from the aussie, the slack is concerning now though.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Tires maybe?

I had some vibration at the front between 35-45 mph. Noticed if i lowered/raised the tire pressure it would start to vibrate at a different speeds. Thanks to 'scouthead' for providing me an extra set of wheels/tires now my ride is smooth.

Tires maybe?

I had some vibration at the front between 35-45 mph. Noticed if i lowered/raised the tire pressure it would start to vibrate at a different speeds. Thanks to 'scouthead' for providing me an extra set of wheels/tires now my ride is smooth.

Tires are almost new and pressure is good, no wear anywhere.

Tires are almost new and pressure is good, no wear anywhere.

on more than a couple of times, I've left the tire shop with new tires only to go back because of balance problems (vibrations).

check to make sure tires are balanced and reasonable air pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom