weber mixture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
could someone please take a picture of their weber carb and show me where I can adjust the mixture or could some one tell me how to get to it and what to do. I keep cloging my plugs and its getting old. Thanks for any help.

You might try jumping up one heat range on the spark plugs.. I did that when my rochester carb was overfueling before I re-jetted it. You can also adjust the idle mixture setting, as that will blacken a set of plugs if it is way off. The idle fuel mixture screws normally have a spring on them so it should be easy to identify. if the weber is a 2 barrel there should be two screws right next to each other near the base of the carb.. Turning the screws in will lean it out, turning them out will enrich it. turn the screw in until you hear the idle drop then back it off a half a turn or when the motor sounds like it is running the best. Do it for both screws.. I would do it a couple of times to get it running dead on. Good luck. BTW are the plugs black with carbon or oil? You may have a blowby problem or bad valvestem seals if they look wet and clogged versus dry and black.

Do you have a fuel pressure regulator installed? I think the Webers like about 2-3lbs, otherwise they run rich. You can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator about anywhere, about $50 I think.
HTH
Ed Long :)

well I will put a fuel reg on and see if it helps. the plugs are black from carbon not oil. If I do need to re jet it is that a lot of $ or under $50? are jets hard to change?

The jets are easy to change, but you may need to find a gas sniffer to help find the right jet size. You can use the trial and error method or find someone that is running a weber and has a close jet size. Which weber do you have?

I know of a 32/36 that I could check, but that won't do you very much good.

I've changed the jets in my Weber 38DGAS and it's an easy, one bananna job. I purchased my extra jets from Man A Fre. If you can get them to just stick the jets in an envelope, you'll save on trhe shipping charges. I believe my Weber came with 50s and I've tried 47s, 45s, and 40s. The 40s were way too lean for me.

airscrew.jpg

the circled screw is one of the air screws(on a 38/38) the other one is 180*'s opposite of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom