Weathertech digifit front liners for 80 series are here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In think the Weathertech mats are a lot nicer than the Husky mats. I'm glad I saw the Husky mats in person first. I would not have been happy with them.

I wouldn't put too much into Weathertech saying there are no plans for second row mats. It was only less than a year ago they said there were no plans for front mats.
X100.

I've been driving with the mats installed the past couple days... I haven't seen the need to screw the hold down pin into the carpet yet.
Feels like they are in there pretty solid when the door is closed.

I see your point. Some added material here could be a great benefit, but in a couple of the pics on pg 8, they appear to overrun the door sill

Just make it out of Kydek and just stick it to the underside of the mat if you want. This isn't really a Southwest issue :flipoff2:

And at least 20+ people north of the border want these mats to drain melted snow. haha

But in all seriousness, for the $130 Imperial dollars I just spent on these mats, I wish they stuck to their common design and extended the edge over the kick panel.

Got mine!

I don't have the factory hooks and I don't think the rig ever had them? Had to trim the driver side one a bit to work around my fire extinguisher. However it holds the mat in place so it works out.

IMAG0435_zpsa6747e8f.jpg

IMAG0434_zpsc10e4468.jpg

IMAG0433_zps407ebcf6.jpg

I got mine in with clips installed! The clips go in super easy. Took about 5 minutes. Just poke a small hole in the carpet with a drillbit and screw it in. I had to get my hand under the carpet a bit to help it screw in.

Also, if you turn the OEM clip backwards, it does a good job holding down the corner of the mat. Not sure if that was intended, but it works.

Weathertech Clip.JPG

Ah balls, the dead pedal is completely different in my truck, there's a zero percent chance these will work in a RHD truck. Back to sandgrabbas for this guy.

Got mine!

I don't have the factory hooks and I don't think the rig ever had them? Had to trim the driver side one a bit to work around my fire extinguisher. However it holds the mat in place so it works out.

IMAG0435_zpsa6747e8f.jpg

IMAG0434_zpsc10e4468.jpg

IMAG0433_zps407ebcf6.jpg

Looks to me like they overlap the door sill quite well here. I don't see a problem. I'll be ordering black AND vacuuming my truck before posting pics to avoid ridicule ;)

Are you ordering your mats directly from WeatherTech, guys?

Ordered mine on 8/23 and they arrived today. They fit great and so far money well spent!!! I will be in and out of it tonight hunting so I'll report back how well they stay in place.

I got mine today as well. I didn't install the screw holder since I pulled off the nasty padding under the carpet. They seem to fit without it.

Does weather tech make a generic(read non digi fit) for the rear and second row of the 80? If so, I may be able to compromise. Or would I have to go with a complete other brand for the rears?

Here is the cargo mat for the lx450. Just came today. Fits the 80 great.
IMAG0950.jpg

Hey y'all! This is my first post! Been using and reading this thread for a good year before I bought my 95. Thanks to all for the insight on my recent purchase. Super stoked to have this site!

So anywho, I just received my mats today and installed them. I got the tan ones and the look great! I am not installing to hook jobbers either. They fit awesome.

Here is the email I got back for them:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your timely response and I apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding.

After speaking with my Product Development Team, they informed me that the older Toyota Landcruiser generally did not come with any factory floor hooks as I originally assumed.When we send these Floor Liners, we include a set of retention hooks that twist into the carpet and line up with the holes in the mats. If you already have a retention device in the vehicle, it is possible that it may not be factory installed.If you can send some pictures of your vehicle floor we can take a look at your specific set up to determine if our parts can be correctly installed in your Landcruiser.

If you need immediate assistance please contact me directly at 800.441.6287 EXT: 433

Best Regards,

Michael Price
WeatherTech

Andrew,

Could you email him back a correction with pics showing the correct location of the (indeed) factory retention hook? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it :)

After driving for a couple of days I decided to install the hooks. The mats were moving slightly and I didn't like it. Also the corners near the factory hold down hook did not lay flat and tight to the floor board. I took a heat gun and re-formed them to fit nicely. After the hooks and the heat gun I am very happy with the purchase.
DSC01205_zps0ca47f52.jpg

DSC01206_zpseb07961e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom