Weatherstripping Cleaner and Preserver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you use for a cleaner and preserver on your weather stripping on the windows, doors, etc? I keep my trucks forever and just want to keep them in good shape if possible.

Thanks
Steve

i use some stuff called black magic. it mostly for your tires but all be damned if it doesnt do wonders for all rubber and seemes to keep things moist yet the dust doesnt stick to it.

mike

303 Aerospace Protectant. It's not just for the Shuttle...

Another vote for 303 Aerospace Protectant, excellent stuff. If I am out of that, I reach for, you guessed it, Leatherique!!! :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

ttt

Dupont Silicone spray lubricant.

Bonus is that in the winter it keeps your doors from freezing shut.

Silicone paste I belive is better than spray.But that is my opinion. :)

Yet another vote for 303. It's not a matter of making it look good, but a matter of preserving it. ;p

Guys,

I am going to try the 303 Wonder Stuff this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

SS

I have used 303. I find Vinylex to be superior. Go to www.carcareonline.com and read all the how-to articles. That fellow carries most of the brands, will sell you whatever you like, but is honest about his opinion. He is the reason I tried Vinylex and I continue to buy it, although, now at Pep Boys. The other items I buy from him.

I have big bottles of both 303 and Vinylex. The 303 bottle is still almost full, the Vinylex has been replaced multiple times.

YMMV

Another vote for 303. I use it on everything that's plastic, vinyl or rubber on my vehicle.

Edit: for anybody else who uses lots of this stuff, the best price I've found is at Camping World at $54 a gallon. If you buy a couple more items while you're there ($75) you can get $1 shipping too.

Last edited:
Well I used the 303 protectant. Pretty good stuff. Now I have ordered the Vinylex to see what it is like. I have several trucks, cars, etc. So I will found out for me which is the best.

Grouseman

Sila Glyde(sp) is what I use

Pimp,

I tried to find the Slla Glyde and it supposily is a brake product. Is that what your referring to?

GM

Thanks
Pimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom