Weather stripping adhesive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Using after market weather stripping, what type of glue or adhesive is required to get the job done right?

The stuff made by 3M seems to be superior to anything else I've tried...It's a beast to remove, and hard to apply if you get on your hands, but it holds very well...YMMV! :cheers:

3M, the black not the yellow.

John H

I also say go with the black 3M stuff, worked very well on my 55.

Ditto on the 3M, like they sell with the door weatherstrips at CCOT.

The black will allow you to remove it, kinda, the yellow is very PERMANENT. I've used both the 3M and the store brands and seen little to no difference. Get the remover too, it is very handy and won't f'up your paint or upholstery.
Ed

Black 3M. There is a beter type of it avail @ NAPA et al that is the pro quality 3M stuff. A little more money but does seem to hold/apply better. Usually you need to ask special for it, not on the racks. One thing that helps is big clothes pins and masking tape. Wrap one side of the pin in the tape so it will not mar the finish. Use them to help clamp the rubber in place

black 3m, just did this on my rear door... Fawker still leaks ::)

3M black super duty adhesive 08008...good shiite

For my FJ55 finding weather stripping was impossible, I nearly resorted to buying some generic stipping and gluing it on until I found a combo trim and weather stripping offered by Mudrack. At less than $3 a foot it is nice to be able to finish out the inside and weather stip the doors. No glue either, just cut it to length and snap it on. Very easy, very clean. If you have not purchased anything think about getting in touch with Gary at Mudrack.com and gettting this cool combo. I've looked all over and have not found anything that works so well. Check it out...good luck. D

Has anyone used DAP Weldwood Pro?

I used it to fix my mats on my Jet Ski and thought about using it to reattach my weatherstripping on my FJ.

Doug M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom