Wear on touch screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking at buying a used land cruiser from the model years 2002 -2001. On most of the Land Cruisers I have seen from these dates, the touch screens seem to be worn where people have touched them over the years. Is this actual wear on the screen which cannot be repaired, or can it be cleaned off or restored in any way?

On a related topic, what is the best way to clean the touch screen?

Jim

Not too sure about having to replace it, but the best way to clean them is to use monitor wipes. Its basicly just alchahol whipes that aren't harsh enough to mess up the screen. There are a few ways to prevent wear (ie screen protectors) but other than that... my guess is that your kind-of sol...

That's funny. I left my protective cover on forever, just for that reason.

Finally my wife had had enough of it and yanked it off one day.

Now it's scratched to hell. I've noticed no difference in it though.

Yeah, I have an 01 and my screen is kind of grungy too. I too have been wondering if a good cleaning is what it needs. It looks like the oil on people's skin has stained it making it look dirty. Especially when the sun light hits it just right. I'll try the monitor wipes to see if that takes care of the problem. I'm surprised Mr. T doesn't make a handy-dandy bottle of cleaner for this task.

The Aisin AW who were in the navigation dept. (OEM Toyota and others) told me that they had two ways to operate touch screen: the pressure-sensing and the one using infrared.

Sorry, useless trivia.

Mot

I purchased my 01 with very dirty screen. Once I cleaned (microfiber cloth with water or designated solution is the best) all the screeches were removed, besides the one by the “I agree” sign. When driving at night or even day I don’t see any contrast difference or picture distrosion. In my case it just looks screech when is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom