Weak engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, we have an 06 LC and an 05 LX, Both are under 150k miles. I can’t help but feeling like my wife’s LX has more power than my LC. Is there any logical explanation for this? Anyone know hat might cause it?

A non-VVT feels like it has more power than a VVT? This is interesting, and provocative. But seriously there's something wrong with your 06 LC. Have you checked the codes?

I've never compared torque curves from the two vvti VS non but in most truck engines without valve timing the camshafts are tuned to produce max tq at low rpms and engines with vvt produce tq over a wider range of rpm which usually results in less max tq at the same low rpms.

This is typically speaking and I have no evidence of this being the case for the 2uz

I thought drive by wire creates a custom pedal/throttle response function over time, from what I recall. So unless you're literally just WOT drag racing, it may just be that your wife is mashing the gas everywhere

I thought drive by wire creates a custom pedal/throttle response function over time, from what I recall. So unless you're literally just WOT drag racing, it may just be that your wife is mashing the gas everywhere
Although this is usually the case I can also feel what seems to be a significant difference when I am driving as well.

A non-VVT feels like it has more power than a VVT? This is interesting, and provocative. But seriously there's something wrong with your 06 LC. Have you checked the codes?
Haven’t checked the codes. It also seems to make more noise than hers does. Hers is whisper quiet and mine seems to make noise that’s hard to describe. Almost like a really faint ticking.

Ive got the ticking sound you speak of. Multiple mechanics have checked it out, all said it was noisy fuel injectors. Mine seems to run fine though.

This is true for most all modern cars drive by wire isn't necessarily required for computers to learn adaptations for both the engine and transmission.

If the extra noise isn't due to just being a lc VS lx and you're getting some ticking that isn't a cracked manifold maybe measure exhaust back pressure before the cats.

Her LX is superior to your LC. It kinda seems that simple to me from what I've read so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom