Water tight camshaft position sensor connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm regularly getting water inside my camshaft position sensor connection. I've dried it out multiple times and the last time I decided to smother the outside of the connector with Vaseline. I drove through a fair amount of deep water today (I'm sure the connection was under water for awhile) and it got lots of water inside regardless of the Vaseline (it was worth a shot). Any ideas on how I can make this water tight? Can I replace the connections if the seal is gone? If so, where can i get a new connector (both male and female sides)?

I'm open to any tricks. It should be able to be submerged for some time without water getting inside IMO.

Thanks for sharing the thread. Never thought of silicone tape but I may try it. I have tried zip tying inner tube over a connection, but I found that water still got inside the tube and then couldn’t get out. I’d still be interested in buying a new female end of the connector

I just tried to find this same female connector/camshaft position sensor/distributor pickup today. It would be nice, but it's not available (that I can find). What it is is the connector (that has the wires sealed into it) and the 3 hall-effect sensors that make up the entire electrical of the distributor.

Sadly, the part we seek is only available as the entire distributor (even though it's physically replaceable... if it were available.)

Lucky for you, however, the sealing part is in the male end of the connector (which IS available separately as 90980-11150).

I'm regularly getting water inside my camshaft position sensor connection.
The camshaft position sensor is inside the distributor. I don't think that's the sensor you're referring to.
Can you post a picture?

Replace with high-quality marine connections or hard wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom