Water running in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:'( Hello everyone, I'm here from SOR. 92 w/ 167,000. Last night we hear in MN got some wet snow and I had water running onto the driver's side floor board. It is going right across the fuse block causing the flasher fuse to squeal. Just wondering if this is the dreaded sunroof drain thats blocked or something else. I do that the fabric to the left of the dash is dry so I dont think its the windshield. Any thoughts?

Hey 92cruiser....
Just had to dump on us one more time.... I am up in Anoka.
There is three places that I have experienced and heard about. 1. The moonroof, can be the tubing and there is a drain on all four sides of the moonroof pan, can be any of the screws or seals up there as well, best thing to do is drop the headliner down and run water over the moonroof. 2. Windshield, should be able to see that though. 3. Is the channel on the roof above the doors, there is a seam in the middle of the doors. When I "built" my cruiser I hadn't sealed that good enough and it took me awhile to figure out that that was my problem.
I am probably only a few miles from you, so if you need to have someone else's opinion let me know.

Yomama

testing picture uploading..pls ignore!

testing picture uploading..pls ignore!

still testing....!

testing....!

My windshield leaks at the lower passenger side corner - I've never noticed any wet fabric when it leaks. With my wife riding on that side I'm sure she would have pointed it out.

I have also experienced a leak on the driver's side after a heavy rain. In my case I tested the sunroof drains which all work well and drain under the truck as designed. The windshield is not visibly leaking either. The water seems to be coming from inside the quarter panel and running down the steel cross tubing under the instrument panel and dashboard. I believe that water from the driver's side corner of the truck runs through the quarter panel by design. Pulling the panel that holds the carpet into the footwell provides access to the inside of the quarter panel and water marks can be seen on the steel crosstube under the instrument panel. This is hard to describe without pictures but worth a shot. I have not figured out a way to stop the leak yet but I am pretty sure this is the problem. I originally thought the water was coming in along the outside of the wires that run through the quarrter panel and into the truck but now think its higher up. My 2 cents. Anyone solve this? I'll post again if I do.

Snow,

There are drains in the intake vent in front of the windshield. If they're blocked with pine needles or decayed leaves, that would be the logical source "higher up" under the dash. See if you can remove the grille and poke around. This also drains to the street.

Doug

My windshield leaks in the upper passenger side corner also, there is a little rust bubble that prevented it from sealing well, mine is a 92 also, Brad.

Thanks Doug

I had already removed the grille in front of the windshield as you suggested. It was pretty clean with only some dry leaves and yes a pine needle or two but I don't think this is the source of my leak.

The pictures sucks because of the close angle and lack of macro lens but gets the point across. A rusty bracket and rust water marks on the dashboard support tube suggest the water is running in from the other side of the quarter panel or fender. This leak is on the driver's side only. Any ideas?

here we go again. everyone sing together to that tune from Cats, "winter time and the 80's are leaking". On a 91-95 the cloth headliner has an interior waterproof lining in the ceiling. If the problem is up at the sunroof, then it flows to the a pillars and you will feel wet in heavy rain if you touch the vertical cloth seam in the headliner at the top of the a-post. If it is not wet there then you are admitting water somewhere down lower. My next questions is, is your windshield original, and have you checked the windshield seams?

the leak into the tool bag area likely originates from the rear sliding window seals, but the rear sunroof drain also runs through that quarter panel, and is easy to check if you pull the kick panel.

Also, I don't buy that water is supposed to run inside the quarter panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom