Warn winch rebuild question--8274 gear, Should I replace this one? PICS Included (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

vtcruiser60

SILVER Star
Threads
This is the small gear in the upper housing. It is showing a great deal of wear, although no other gear in the case has any similar wear. Should I try to replace it or just run it?

Pics included....
gear1.jpg
gear2.jpg
gear3.jpg

Yea man go for the gear replacement, I would hate to see that fail in the wrong place. I have an old 8274 in parts that I am going to rebuild, it looks like Warn sells all the parts one my need to fix/rebuild an 8274.

Later,

Corey

Thanks for the replies.....I just realized that this probably ought to have been posted in the recovery section...

I am not really confident that I can source this gear from Warn...couldn't find it listed on their parts page. I may just try to hone the burrs and put it back. Best i can do.

perhaps I'll post to the wanted section for someone with a parts bin for these things.

As I mentioned, warn will happily sell you the whole top housing... but none of the individual pieces in there. Gears or bearings :(

If you want that particular gear, I've got it and you can have it... but the roller bearings in it are trash:bang:

PM on the way...as that sounds like my only solution.

You can get the roller bearings from any good bearing or transmission parts supplier. They are 0.375" ID X 0.563" OD and 0.500" long/deep. Torrington #Y-68 $4.59 CDN. My originals were stamped B-68. You can also get all the other bearings, seals and o-rings for 50-75% the cost of Warn parts. My supplier also had the balls for the brake assy to replace my rusty ones. If you need gears ya gotta go Warn (or used).:cheers:
HPIM1368.jpg

HPIM1369.jpg
HPIM1368.jpg
HPIM1369.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom