Warn 8274 stuffed in an ARB Deluxe Bar (Pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It can be done, it just took a little cutting and a lot of test fitting. I wanted to get the commercial bar, but it was going to be at least 6 weeks out and I needed the bumper for this summer's wheeling. After ruining a bunch of dremel blades, I busted out the torch (not the best idea since now I have scorched paint). Anyway, I had to run a spacer between the winch and bumper to save what was left of the bar. It is tight between the bar and the grill, but it is not putting enough pressure on the grill to break anything, and I will get to use my $40 winch for a bunch more years.
8274.jpg

8274fit.jpg

Hey well done, looks like you got it in without hacking into the grill. My bar was designed for the high mount but i went low when i realised i needed to cut in. :crybaby:

that's what i wanted to do for the longest time.....finally gave up and bought a t-max 12,500 that fit perfectly without cutting the bumper.

Thanks, nothing like chopping up a brand new bumper. I almost decided to sell my winch, but it has been like an old friend. I've owned it for 7 years and it has always been there when I needed it. Plus, I bought it for $40 so I can't afford to part with it.

Some would call ya crazy...............but not me.

You will take my M8274 from my cold dead hands.

I have 20 yrs of happy "life-saving" memmories with mine.

Out of curiousity.......How much does that weigh?

Last edited:
so, ya gonna show us the cuttin' and the burnin'...? :)

Oh please, show us some more pics.....oh please....

I was working solo and I didn't think to have my wife snap some more pics.

If you can snap some more pics in situ and underneath, that'd be great. I'm just dying to see what you cut up and how close it is to the front grille. Nice job BTW.

Well, its been a little longer than I planned, but I finally did it.
With just a little trimming to clear the gearbox and brake, and some 3/8 (10mm) spacers, the mighty 8274 has a new home.
It clears the grill nicely.
I was going to just leave it out, but I bent up a new middle pipe - I think it stiffens up the front of the bar a bit.
Now I just need a new LED light bar above the winch and it'll be done.
Oh - and a skinnier number plate would fit better too.
Thanks Flintknapper for motivating me on the winch rebuild - you can see a grease nipple in one of the pics, but you cant see the 1/4bsp fill and drain plugs I put in.
01 [640x480].JPG
02 [640x480].JPG
03 [640x480].JPG

I think it's kind of amazing that as popular as the 8274 is and as popular as the 80 is, especially in AUS that ARB doesn't make the bull bar for the 80 that accepts the popular winch?!

I think it's kind of amazing that as popular as the 8274 is and as popular as the 80 is, especially in AUS that ARB doesn't make the bull bar for the 80 that accepts the popular winch?!

Actually they do, in a "commercial ARB" bumper.....but the 80 series model is made from unobtainium in North America.

Actually they do, in a "commercial ARB" bumper.....but the 80 series model is made from unobtainium in North America.

OK, yea, you are right.....

even the ARB bar that came with my 77 will fit a 8274. But good luck fitting fog lights on if you want that winch.
Back on with the xd9000i (shrug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom