Warn 8274 stuffed in an ARB Deluxe Bar (Pics) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just picked up a used ARB winch bumper for my 96" LX450... and in the process of putting in a 8274....

I made up some 1/4 inch shims for the mounting, it was enough clearance for no contact of the housing.

I cut the cross bar to make room and going to bend one up and weld it in.

010.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

I have a commercial bar with 8274. I got it in '05 from a buddy that was selling his 80. From what I remember, it was privately imported in 2000. I really like how it lines up without the flares and the 255s, and my Hanna sliders. About as narrow as an 80 can get.

IMG_2812[1].JPG

IMG_2195[1].JPG

IMG_2214[1].JPG

Had to cut the center tube off and have one bent to clear winch housing and put it forward for winch motor to clear the LX grill.

The ARB uses metric I guess, there tube was 1 3/8"... I had a 1 1/2" tube bent because nobody carries 1 3/8" and nobody has a die for tube bender at that size...

019.JPG

014.JPG

Had to lengthen the boxed section on the ARB because mounting holes were 1 3/8" off.....added 3" and got all mounting holes drilled and with plasma cutter as well....

020.JPG

Last edited:
Everything lines up and fits soooo mounting 8274 ...

001.JPG

004.JPG

Added LED marker lights....I like em, there really nice and sealed.

012.JPG

013.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks really good.

Excellent job restoring that 8274 !

I probably should take mine off of my Early Model Bronco and put it on my Land Cruiser.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks really good.

Excellent job restoring that 8274 !

I probably should take mine off of my Early Model Bronco and put it on my Land Cruiser.

Thanks!..it was a fun rebuild and rewarding that I got it into a bullbar...it was a TON of work to get to fit, but payed off in the end ;)

011.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

Amazing. You are quite the 'perfectionist'. The completeness and attention to detail really show.

I've seen a lot of 8274 rebuilds over the years, some of them very nice, but I'd classify yours more as a 'restoration' and place it right up at the top of those I've seen.

Good work Sir!

Amazing. You are quite the 'perfectionist'. The completeness and attention to detail really show.

I've seen a lot of 8274 rebuilds over the years, some of them very nice, but I'd classify yours more as a 'restoration' and place it right up at the top of those I've seen.

Good work Sir!

Thank you for the kind words!!.....I didnt know what I was getting into but I told myself that Im going to do it right the first time ;)

Cruisin Offroad bar is designed for it.

Do you actually get enough air to the radiator? Seems like the Warn 8274 winch plus those big LightForce would be a recipe for overheating in hot weather. :hmm:

Do you actually get enough air to the radiator? Seems like the Warn 8274 winch plus those big LightForce would be a recipe for overheating in hot weather. :hmm:
Hasn’t been an issue in the 8+ years it’s been set up this way.

Hello @woodsman 44 i was wondering why you had to lengthen boxed section of the ARB? I noticed the previous posts did not mention this.
The motor on the 8274 will hit the grill, it’s like 3 to 3 1/2” that u will have to lengthen ARB so motor won’t hit grill..

Some people cut the grill ..not gunna happen with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom