Warn 8274 12v or 24v ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, i got an old 8274 from a friend that wanted to get rid of it. It was lying around in his garage since long time.
There are no decals nor type plate on it anymore. Where can i see if it is 12v or 24v? Is it stamped somewhere or do i have to open it?

Thanks for help.

Gilles

Is the motor nameplate possibly painted over? I would look on the motor to see if there are any stampings. My nameplate was painted over and is hiding under the solenoid box. Mine is definitely 12V but I cannot determine the exact motor brand/type.

You can look at how the solenoids are wired. If you check the link below and scroll to the 8274 section, I had a 24V 8274 (in my then 24V patrol) and rewired the solenoids for 12V operation (and of course replaced the motor with a 12V motor), since I converted my 24V patrol fully to 12V.

So, if you look at your solenoid wiring, IF it is a 24V winch the solenoid coils will be wired to be in series (they are 12V solenoids and 2 in series operate at 24V). IF it is a 12V winch, then the solenoid coils are NOT in series.

http://www.george4wd.taskled.com/mq2412.html

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom