Warn 16.5ti in ARB Deluxe bumper? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running this combo? Found a killer deal on a 16.5ti - I know 80 guys do this combination, want to make sure it'll work on a 100!

I have a Warn 12k (a CE actually) and it’s pretty damn big! The issue I had is Warn recommended a foot forward mounting configuration and no one seems to make a bumper for this. So I made my own. I need to finish it but for now it works. I think that might be something worth looking out for.

16.5 TI dimensions: 24.7"L x 8.7"D x 9.7"H
M12000 dimensions: 24.08" x 8.44" x 10.53"

It should fit no problem, I have the M12000 and there is some room to spare.
I used a floor jack and some 2x4's to raise the winch to the bumper, the thing is heavy AF

I think ARB and WARN are in cahoots with bumpers that require a winch with 8 clock positions to get the clutch release handle in a comfortable position. LOL

Bump - still interested in this topic...

Looks like all the large frame winches require feet forward mounting, which eliminates any of the 'hidden winch' mounts behind stock bumper.

Can anyone confirm the 16.5ti will fit an ARB deluxe with a feet forward configuration?

Bump - still interested in this topic...

Looks like all the large frame winches require feet forward mounting, which eliminates any of the 'hidden winch' mounts behind stock bumper.

Can anyone confirm the 16.5ti will fit an ARB deluxe with a feet forward configuration?
I can't speak specifically for thr 16.5ti, but the ARB deluxe sold for the 03-07 mounts winches feet forward. There is a lot of room in there as well.

FWIW, the 98-02 bumper mounts feet down on a separate winch cradle. Totally different design.

16.5 is overkill - better check the amp draw vs a 9.5 or 12k. It could be excessive on your battery- unless you have dual batteries.

A 9.5 w/snatch block and line connected back to the truck provides mechanical advantage doubling the rating- very few instances where you’d need anything beyond that.

Current draw is about the same. It gets 16.5k rating through gearing.... which means it'll be slower spooling.

But a double line pull would certainly go easier on the ARB bumper (when the recovery point is on the frame vs bumper). The '03+ ARB deluxe bumper uses accordion mounts which could potentially 'straighten out.'

I just think about hanging close to 150lbs off the nose with the already heavy ARB bumper.
So this is a consideration.

Is there anyone making an Aluminum bumper with a feet forward winch mount? Dissent/Coastal and even the hidden winch mounts (which I prefer) are all feet down.

It’s not that heavy if you use synthetic line. Probably less than 100 lbs total winch weight.

It’s not that heavy if you use synthetic line. Probably less than 100 lbs total winch weight.
Correct - and I scored some 96040 Warn line that suits it - making it a 16.5ti-s.

Does the added pulling power make sense in the context of towing? add a 3000lbs off-road trailer and get stuck - now the 1.5x winch factor puts you in the 14,500lbs range

Hmm, I'm not sure the "rule of thumb" translates to vehicles with trailers. But I guess you can justify it like that! haha. If really stuck with a trailer, I might disconnect the trailer and winch them separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom