Wanting to Do a 3 Inch Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2007 non kdss with 118k miles. Toyota suspects that I may need new UCAs and could have a potentially bent front left suspension causing a really bad camber in the front left wheel.
Im wanting to do the OME 3inch lift kit with their UCAs and rear coil conversion kit. Im also going to replace the LCAs at the same time. Is there anything else I would need to address with a 3inch lift? Thanks

I don't know the history of your vehicle, but bent uprights on Toyota are probably more likely than bent lowers. I'd take a look at that too if you're already replacing stuff.

3” lift actually reduces your uptravel quite a bit and reduces articulation in the front. Keeping the front lift at 2.4” max is ideal in the front to be able to maximize articulation with reasonable priced changes.

Also, the higher the lift…the more mods you have to worry about like cv axles high angle boots, extended sway bar end links, extended rear brake lines, panhard correction kit, bumpstops, offset bushings, etc.

So, if you really want to be tall with the 3” lift…look at the mods I mentioned in addition to the UCA, LCA, shocks, and coils you mentioned.

OEM is always a great way to go, however I do agree that going no more than roughly 2 inches is the best route for articulation, reliability and cost effectiveness. If you can go OEM 2 inch lift, you'll be good to go!

Okay, was wanting to see what else could a 3 inch lift affect. Looks like I’ll be keeping it at 2 inches. Won’t be doing any crazy off roading anyways. Just the usual hunting dirt roads. I was thinking it would look super nice with a higher lift.

Okay, was wanting to see what else could a 3 inch lift affect. Looks like I’ll be keeping it at 2 inches. Won’t be doing any crazy off roading anyways. Just the usual hunting dirt roads. I was thinking it would look super nice with a higher lift.
There are front coilovers that are adjustable from say 1.5” to 3”.

Some adjust easy with a spanner wrench and others you have to take apart to adjust the height.

If you get adjustable in the front, then you are not stuck with a specific height and you can play around with different heights.

Obviously, the ones that are easier to adjust cost a little more, but at least you can adjust the height as you see fit.

The rear is more tricky to adjust, but there are coil conversion kits that have some adjustability. And the rear is trickier because cargo load will lower your coils depending on how soft or stiff your rear spring rate is.

You might want to talk to a vendor to help you figure out what’s a good setup for your needs.

Or keep doing more research to figure out what’s a good suspension for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom