wanting to buy a cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am going to be a first time buyer of a fj40 after15 years of waiting 4 the opportunity. i want to know if i should buy one with the color i like or is it easy to get a paint job. i live near atlanta, ga. also is it easy to drop from a 5 inch lift to a 3 inch. bout how much to paint and drop?

Do you have pictures? Details on the lift? Is there any body damage that needs repairing during the paint? Do you want the inside and out painted? Similar color or different?

Lots of factors go into both of your questions but I'm sure someone will help if you divulge a bit more info.

Tripper

Hi Brew--Welcome to Mud--remember to check out the Paint/Body section--those guys are paintin' fools--dave

You should probably find one in the color you like. Repainting these things strike me as a real pain in the ass since the color is on the inside too. Think of all that masking, ughhh! Apart from that, I've heard that if you ever try to sell it a respray is OK but a respray in a different color is a big no no.

As for the lift, depending on the type of lift it has you'll essentially have to do the work associated with taking a lift off and then putting a new one back on. Sooo... going from 5" to 3" is about as hard as installing a 3" lift...

If you need any help please call me. #678-873-0373. My name is Stephen. I would love to help you get your Cruiser painted, lift kit stuff, just about anything. Where do you live in Atlanta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom