VSC TRAC/VSC OFF/Check Engine Lit up!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Gang,
This morning when I got to work i made a huge right loop in our parking lot turning the steering wheel to the max. As I straightened out all three indicators lit up. Any ideas what this could be? See pic. Hoping this is a quick fix. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!!!

Gabe

IMG_7032.jpg

Could be one of many things. Get an OBDII scanner (pretty cheap) and read your error codes. Same happened on my LC. I was overseas at the time and didn't have many mechanical resources. Disconnected/reconnected the battery and fortunately no lights or codes after that.

Hi Gang,
This morning when I got to work i made a huge right loop in our parking lot turning the steering wheel to the max. As I straightened out all three indicators lit up. Any ideas what this could be? See pic. Hoping this is a quick fix. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!!!

Gabe

View attachment 2396400
I'm not an expert, but perhaps because of what you did in the car park, it could have something to do with 'Atrac' if you've got it fitted.

Get the DTC for the check engine light and fix that first. The VSC/TRAC lights are automatically triggered with any powertrain fault that trips the CEL.

Could be one of many things. Get an OBDII scanner (pretty cheap) and read your error codes. Same happened on my LC. I was overseas at the time and didn't have many mechanical resources. Disconnected/reconnected the battery and fortunately no lights or codes after that.
Thank you I'll purchase the scanner and check it out.

I'm not an expert, but perhaps because of what you did in the car park, it could have something to do with 'Atrac' if you've got it fitted.
An ATRAC issue would not trigger the CEL, but a DTC that kicks on the CEL will always trigger the ATRAC light. Wonky electronics!

No lift truck is 100% stock.

No lift truck is 100% stock.
No, Atrac was fitted at the factory by Toyota, the options were, diff locks, Atrac, LSD, or nothing, it does not involve aftermarket lifts or aftermarket anything.

And as Atrac works by applying the brakes to a slipping wheel, I just thought as you said you had done a "huge right loop in our parking lot turning the steering wheel to the max" it might have been somthing to do with the 'Atrac' ECU sensensing something different, to the norm.

Just a thought.

An ATRAC issue would not trigger the CEL, but a DTC that kicks on the CEL will always trigger the ATRAC light. Wonky electronics!
I have had very little to do with ATRAC as most of the 100's have rear diff locks in the UK, but thanks for the info. 👍

Finally got some time to click on link you provided. Soon as I get back to work i'm gonna tighten the gas cap and restart. Crossing my fingers this is the quick fix!!! Thanks!!
I would highly recommend spending ~$20 on a Bluetooth OBD2 code reader. In about two minutes, you could know what codes are causing the CEL instead of blindly guessing.

Without pulling the CEL code you have no clue what tripped it. No point doing a google search on it without the code. The other two lights come on automatically when the CEL does, and once you address why the CEL came on the other two will go out.

Recap:
Followed my mechanics advice as far as using the Cataclean additive as per manufactures instructions and drove the LX North to Monterey. 1 week and 700 miles later there were no issues and indicators never turned back on. Now lets see how long this will lasts.

Recap:
Followed my mechanics advice as far as using the Cataclean additive as per manufactures instructions and drove the LX North to Monterey. 1 week and 700 miles later there were no issues and indicators never turned back on. Now lets see how long this will lasts.
I think you need a new mechanic, or maybe a mechanic, that's what I think. I read on a previous unrelated thread the code was P0430. Your "mechanic" didn't diagnose, cleared the code, and went straight for the snake oil? I agree with @JunkCrzr89 100%, and not only with his use of cool words. The problem could be 10 other things besides your cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom