VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and Engine lights on after jump start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need advice.

Just installed new speakers in the front and rear doors of my 06 100 series. I turned the power on without cranking the ignition to test the speakers and later when I tried to start the car the battery was dead (when the ignition was on the brake booster was going, headlights on, phone charger was in, and a/c was running so it probably drained the battery quickly). I jump started it and now I have Engine light, VSC TRAC, and VSC OFF lights on steady.
I drove around for about 30-40 minutes and the lights never went off. Care started up again fine after the drive and the voltmeter is reading just at 14V. Engine, vsc off, and trac lights stayed on.
Alternator is new about a year old changed less than 1000 miles ago, battery is 3 years old and has about 17k miles on it.
Any ideas what it could be?

Read the codes. If you don't have a code reader, usually your local Autozone or O'Reilly's has one you can borrow.

Need advice.

Just installed new speakers in the front and rear doors of my 06 100 series. I turned the power on without cranking the ignition to test the speakers and later when I tried to start the car the battery was dead (when the ignition was on the brake booster was going, headlights on, phone charger was in, and a/c was running so it probably drained the battery quickly). I jump started it and now I have Engine light, VSC TRAC, and VSC OFF lights on steady.
I drove around for about 30-40 minutes and the lights never went off. Care started up again fine after the drive and the voltmeter is reading just at 14V. Engine, vsc off, and trac lights stayed on.
Alternator is new about a year old changed less than 1000 miles ago, battery is 3 years old and has about 17k miles on it.
Any ideas what it could be?
hey there...I am having the same deal in my '04 LC. Did anyone ever reply back with any meaningful advice? Also, if you figured it out...what did you do? Thanks

hey there...I am having the same deal in my '04 LC. Did anyone ever reply back with any meaningful advice? Also, if you figured it out...what did you do? Thanks
I just drove around for a bit and it went away on its own the next time I started the car. No issues since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom