Vitamix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been told that this is an amazing machine so I picked one up at Costco today. Does anyone have any favorite concoctions to share?

one can of "Lime ade" concentrate, several shots of good Tequlia, one shot of orange liquor, 1/2 a shot of Midori liquor, afew spoonfuls of powdered sugar, mix with ice, and serve to your "Sancha"
-Jim

I have one that I inherited from my folks...so it's a number of years old. At least 15 years old.
They'd never used it and since I already had a "blender", I just kept it in the box and stashed it away.

About a year ago, the glass pitcher of my old blender broke, so I busted out the vitamix...and although I bought a replacement pitcher for the old blender, I don't think we've used the old one very much since the vitamix was brought into use.

I don't have any unique or special recipes...so far, we've only used it as a blender...

BUT...it's a workhorse of a blender. The best that I've ever used...and it's lived up to all the hype.
Would I have paid $400 for one? Maybe...maybe not, but I'm definitely glad I have one.

We use ours to make berry smoothies and milk shakes usually.

I have made a nice chipotle salsa. I don't have exact measurements because I took the ingredient list from the lid of the salsa that I bought in the store...
But roughtly, here's what I do.
1 can of cola (coke, pepsi, rc...whatever, but don't use diet)
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (these are the ones that come in the small cans)
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
about a teaspoon of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and black pepper to taste

If you don't have garlic cloves, I've used garlic powder in the past...if you don't have garlic powder, use garlic salt but taste it before adding more salt at the end.

Put all the stuff in the vitamix and buzz until smooth.
The recipe easily doubles, triples, quadruples, etc...

We have 4 of them in our Culinary Arts kitchen, Vitamix donated them. They are the higher end commercial grade units, but honestly I can't remember the models, but one is the XL model. They are real beasts, we have been making smoothies with the smaller ones. Very well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom