VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need 7 wheel studs for the front of a 60 series, the kind that go through the rotor and hub.

i should have a couple sets of the small pattern knuckles... will check...

Have:
I have the glass for a rear hatch, but no frame.
3-speed tranny/t-case - internal condition unknown
Various kick vents,

Need:
Looking for a working or non-working wiper motor for a 75-78 FJ40. My electrics are good, but the castings for the motor mounting plates are busted.
I know they're hard to find, but my windshield frame has had the biscuit - I think the glass is all that's keeping it together.

I have a few windshield frames.... mostly no glass but I heard a rumour that the glass smith in victoria would have a piece installed for 100 bucks if you had a seal. I also have a couple of windshield wiper motors some alive some dead. I will be back in september if you still need the stuff then let me know

I'm also interested in getting new amby style doors if they're in decent shape... I have one set that is relative crap but there are good bits and pieces in them and one that is in need of some help... but would be interested in investing in a good set if one was available... I'm also debating making a fibreglass mold to produce amby doors if there was some interest.... let me know haha or if someone else is good with fiberglass and wants to make amby door's I'd be interested....

Have:
I have the glass for a rear hatch, but no frame.
3-speed tranny/t-case - internal condition unknown
Various kick vents,

Need:
Looking for a working or non-working wiper motor for a 75-78 FJ40. My electrics are good, but the castings for the motor mounting plates are busted.
I know they're hard to find, but my windshield frame has had the biscuit - I think the glass is all that's keeping it together.

I might know someone looking for that tcase...

Appreciate the offer for the window frames Toshi - I'll likely take you up on that.
Vern seems to have the wiper motor mount hardware I need.
And FlyingLow - let me know about the t-case/tranny combo - no rush though. It'll still be here! Like I said - both are unopened - can't vouch for the integrity of the internals. I once had plans for an SM465 + the 2.2:1 t-case, but that hasn't come to pass. But gee - Rob's still dreaming of an Orion some day :)

So I don't know if this will help anyone but I recently purchased some parts for one of my trucks from Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto I was very pleased with the timely response and shipping was done by fedex and there was no additional brokerage fee across the border. Parts took about a week to get to my door from the time of ordering. I was looking and they have some good prices for some 40 parts so hopefully this will be helpful to some people in finding parts... I know it saved me almost 100 bucks off a window switch for my truck...

lookin for some 70 series turn signals....

hey hellbent40 you still looking for some 55 rear springs?

do you have a spare set of 55 rear springs??? was going to use 60 rears since i have several sets but 55 will work better.. what are you wanting for them and what shape are they in... you lookin for anything...

sent you a PM yesterday....dunno if its working tho

so as a side note to my post earlier about rockauto.com I've ordered more stuff off them... they're quick to ship <1week and parts were good last time... anyway they've given me a discount code to share with my friends... its good for 5% off... code is : 19418891631635 and its good until September 6, 2009.

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart

Last edited:
Hey guys - I was in North Vancouver last week at North Shore Off-Road where I spotted an ad for a '75. I called the guy and grabbed his windshield frame (with new glass!). It's mint - not a spot of rust on it, which is bizarre considering the tub from the same vehicle is absolutely disintegrated.
So Toshi - thanks for the offer, but now I'm set window-wise.
I'm not convinced about the strength of the wiper motor I have, though. When I installed it, the wiper stop (the circuit that keeps power to the motor so the wipers return to the bottom of their rotation when you turn them off) was 180 degrees out of phase, and after I resolved that, I wasn't sure how tight the nut that retains the circuit should be. The wipers seem to move too slow, which has something to do with the tightness of that nut. Too loose, and the stop circuit would just drift around. Has anyone messed around with these things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom