Vdj79 reinforced front shafts cv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. What would be best to upgrade front axle shafts and cv s with for a vdj79?
Rcv or longfield?
I believe vdj79 and hdj80 front axles are the same . Am i right?

Hi all. What would be best to upgrade front axle shafts and cv s with for a vdj79?
Rcv or longfield?
I believe vdj79 and hdj80 front axles are the same . Am i right?
No spline counts are different between the 80 - 79 series. RCV are probably more common, at least I've seen them more.

In upgrading them your just transferring your weak point, keep the toyota free wheeling hubs because it's much easier changing a hub then a cv or diff.

But I assume you know that already given the question you asked so long story short, RCV should serve you well.

No spline counts are different between the 80 - 79 series. RCV are probably more common, at least I've seen them more.

In upgrading them your just transferring your weak point, keep the toyota free wheeling hubs because it's much easier changing a hub then a cv or diff.

But I assume you know that already given the question you asked so long story short, RCV should serve you well.

So a 105 must not be the same as a 79?

Because 105 front shafts drop right in an 80, rears no.

Cheers

So a 105 must not be the same as a 79?

Because 105 front shafts drop right in an 80, rears no.

Cheers
I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't know on the length because I haven't sat them next to each other but the splines that go into the spider gears in the diff are different. 30 for an 80, 32 for a 79 off the top of my head.

In upgrading them your just transferring your weak point,

There is so much wisdom in this statement.

Here in Atlanta, guys are upgrading their Dodge Charger driveshafts with carbon fiber shafts. Then, they add slick racing tires. That just eliminated two failure points. The tires no longer spin out, and the driveshaft no longer twists. ........instead, now their differential blows to pieces. I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather replace a driveshaft than a differential.

To be honest I haven't seen may Aussie guys upgrading the front axes .. and those guys are nuts putting real power out of the V8 ..

Ok. Great. Yes thats my intention to leave standard free hubs as a fuse. Cv joints are 80 identical as have tried it myself. Shafts, i didnot check but i ll take your word. I have contacted rcv and orderd a set.
Now i am looking for alloy beadlocks from someone who can ship to europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom