Builds VDJ76L-RKMNYV - Cleopatra (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you please elaborate as to why the spindle needed replaced? I want to install free wheel hubs on a 2010 grj71 and suspect may need the same parts. @lcwizard @cruiseroutfit
Assuming you are referring to swapping out the E hubs ? They use indeed different hubs and spindles , not to clutter up David's tread but I have a few nib hubs sitting here in the shop OEM toyota.

Could you please elaborate as to why the spindle needed replaced? I want to install free wheel hubs on a 2010 grj71 and suspect may need the same parts. @lcwizard @cruiseroutfit

Which hubs do you I’ve? I’m assuming the dual mode automatics?

28C20F9E-600E-4EFE-B09A-977FB8D0A7F0.jpeg

Those need a special freewheel as your shafts are about a mm thicker then the ones that came with freewheels from the factory . No idea why Toyota did this .

That's new to me .. but the length it's shorter ..

The late model GRJ7x could have drive flanges, manual hub or the dual-mode auto locking hub. The combination birf and spindle changed accordingly. It's possible to convert to either/or, but you'll have to convert the birf/spindle accordingly. This is what we set up @Tapage with. In his case he had the dual mode automatics so by simply swapping spindles, he could run our HUBFHT001 AISIN hubs, no birf change req'd.

The late model GRJ7x could have drive flanges, manual hub or the dual-mode auto locking hub. The combination birf and spindle changed accordingly. It's possible to convert to either/or, but you'll have to convert the birf/spindle accordingly. This is what we set up @Tapage with. In his case he had the dual mode automatics so by simply swapping spindles, he could run our HUBFHT001 AISIN hubs, no birf change req'd.
But when I bought those same hubs from you guys for my HZJ78 that came with drive flanges they did not fit. Talking to a mechanic that works at one of the larger ngo dealerships he told me they ran in to that same issue before , better measure that driveshaft as there is just 1 mm difference but it is 1 mm to much.

But when I bought those same hubs from you guys for my HZJ78 that came with drive flanges they did not fit. Talking to a mechanic that works at one of the larger ngo dealerships he told me they ran in to that same issue before , better measure that driveshaft as there is just 1 mm difference but it is 1 mm to much.

Depends on the original configuration. Dual mode hubs are not drive flanges. Drive flange models can use the same late axle spline shape as the IFS 100, slightly different dimension versus the original 75+ 30 Spl birf end. In those cases, swap the birf to match the AISIN. So long as we have the VIN/Frame# we can verify which direction is needed.

I have a set of flanges ( actually you gave those to me ) for Tencha and they worked flawless on my birfs for Factory hub ..

This it's an issue for post 2007 7* series .?

I have a set of flanges ( actually you gave those to me ) for Tencha and they worked flawless on my birfs for Factory hub ..

This it's an issue for post 2007 7* series .?
You are right , this changed with the wide nose models .

A little update ..

As I'm always looking new ways to create " issues " with myself .. I wasn't pleased with the quality over the PVS setup .. some flaws but the most importa was the thread adjutster ..

So those got replaced with Mick units ..

20220515053904-a080bdc5-me.jpg

got perfect alightnment ..

20220515061449-baf17880-me.jpg

Like everything with my personals these days .. very long overdue project ..

1661694101485.png

This it's the light I use with a standard switch ..

Amazon product ASIN B08R1PC8F4

I'm seen the final external touches .. light at the end of the tunel ? nah !

20220930104106-b04f9ee0-me.jpg

I'm loving the updated bonnet !!!

20220930104249-c7d2510e-me.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom