VDJ-FTV 76-Series Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's another take. Short cruise.

Very nice! New exhaust? Sounds pretty unrestricted.

How do you like that engine? What sort of fuel economy are you getting? Wish they'd put that engine in a few of the Toyotas here in North America.

Love that exhaust note.

Cheers. Yeah, one thing I love about the vehicle I guess, after many sacrifices compared to newly designed vehicle. Yep, fully unrestricted exhaust. For what it is, a - 2700kg vehicle with a 4.5L TDV8, it is not too bad as it is also has commonrail injection. I currently average about 12L/100klms, which is what my LS1 sedan used to get me (at best) and it was 1600kg. The engine is really good. Boost at 1000 rpm, so almost like having a supercharger on.. (off-idle boost), but it also has a tiny turbo as well, which means it really wants sequential twin turbos. It was designed to pull though, and it does tow very well. It is tuned very conservatively, and I have a KW-Systems power module for it which I will fit later on which give me 100Nm more torque and lower my fuel usage to 11L/100, just through a tune. There is a company called Gturbo in Western Australia who is getting 200 rwkw and 1000 Nm of torque out of this little engine so far. The new Cummins ISV5.0 is the closest thing and a very nice, well designed engine. Later on I will install an upgraded turbo and intake with custom tune so I get the most out of power + economy. So far it has been a strong rig, but I can tell you, if it had the 1HD-FTE 6 cylinder, I would still be very happy as I absolutely love that engine. If I could I would have a Cruiser utility with a Cummins 6BTT in it. Best conversion. In Australia, the Nissan Patrol with Duramax 6.6 is very popular. Small truck with huge engine!! :-D

Here is another take. I will go a walk around during the week.

8 minutes and you didn't hammer the throttle once.....:crybaby:

8 minutes and you didn't hammer the throttle once.....:crybaby:
Don't despair Dan, I can post a video where I hammer the throttle on my 2H. There will be a dramatic increase in exhaust note and the road and trees will become a blur. :)

You'd do that for me?

:grinpimp:

Just duct-tape a Go-Pro to your wing......:hillbilly:

Next to the chicken.............:rimshot:

Hahaha. Na, don't have to, as has loads of low down grunt. I will get another run, this time of heading up the local range.

Hammer the damn throttle......PLEASE.:lol:

Toyota Land Cruiser 70 the updated versions at the moment my most favourite car. From all cars what are nowadays made, this is interesting to me most. At us in Russia such car costs 4 000 000 Russian rubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom