Vacuum delete kit ? FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wyolands

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
just picked up a 1983 FJ60 mice destroyed the vacuum lines does anyone make a vacuum delete kit ?? or have instructions on how to delete the mess of lines and runs like crap, im really appreciating my fj62 after trying to get this 60 running
thank you for all your Positive help

Lots of info on demogging a 60 on here. You can order a kit that allows you to remove smog pump and seal off some areas. Really cleans up the bay and got me to a smooth running engine. As long as you live in an area that allows it.
FJ60desmogfrmSpags1.jpeg

Lots of info on demogging a 60 on here. You can order a kit that allows you to remove smog pump and seal off some areas. Really cleans up the bay and got me to a smooth running engine. As long as you live in an area that allows it.
View attachment 2538181
wow that looks great I seen that carb on eBay good to know it works well.

Refer to the smog issues, study guide

HTH

Refer to the smog issues, study guide

HTH
that's a HUGE help thank you

wow that looks great I seen that carb on eBay good to know it works well.
Carbs are somewhat of a religion on here. Many of the purist will crap on the idea of getting a Weber, but do what works for you. If you go Weber make sure you go with a weber 38 and not the smaller. I had some dieseling until my jets were opened up and now I idle at around 600 and she runs great. I think it depends on the skill level of who is working on your truck. I just wanted it to run great so I could hunt with it and not spend my days under the hood and it all worked out for me. If you stay with OEM you will probably end up having to find a guru to reubuild it and probably a lot more tinkering around....Like I said, whatever works for you. I am in TX so not having all that smog equipment is a real plus. A lot less to worry about and you can sell many of your smog parts to folks who live in more tyrannical states. Good luck.
FJ60Paddle.JPG

Carbs are somewhat of a religion on here. Many of the purist will crap on the idea of getting a Weber, but do what works for you. If you go Weber make sure you go with a weber 38 and not the smaller. I had some dieseling until my jets were opened up and now I idle at around 600 and she runs great. I think it depends on the skill level of who is working on your truck. I just wanted it to run great so I could hunt with it and not spend my days under the hood and it all worked out for me. If you stay with OEM you will probably end up having to find a guru to reubuild it and probably a lot more tinkering around....Like I said, whatever works for you. I am in TX so not having all that smog equipment is a real plus. A lot less to worry about and you can sell many of your smog parts to folks who live in more tyrannical states. Good luck.
View attachment 2539172

Damn thats a clean one. I'm in the middle of hopefully getting my '83 rootbeer special looking that good. Stock wheels?

believe it or not my carb still hasn't arrived but my plug kit did so I started taking things apart I do have a few questions but ill wait to come up with a list of them. thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom