For Sale VA: small cap non-us distributor with pertronix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bkfj40

Wishin i was in Wydaho
SILVER Star
Threads
Small cap distributor with pertronix and flame thrower coil. Was in working condition until I pulled it.

$$$ thrown in the trash...

F1AB149F-D24E-4378-97FB-CB7991F0F769.jpeg
3ED33CA3-CB2A-4A67-AE11-7C43C4713C91.jpeg
2C543AE8-4121-43C9-86D6-2F4597335D11.jpeg
7C541BC3-4ACD-45B7-8320-9A8281B02B57.jpeg

Last edited:
Brian

That is a very old, but US spec dizzy. Over 50 years old. Odds of that diaphragm still working are very low. That’s why I never followed up with you on the other thread.

interesting - I thought that the only the non-us ones had the adjustable dial....

oh well, guess I will just throw it in the trash. thanks!

;)

You can put some vacuum to the diaphragm to check it. I had one yesterday that would not pull because the ball bearings under the advance plate were stuck with old dried up grease, Cleaned and greased it and holds vacuum and the plate pivots smoothly. Very similar to 50 year old wiper motors. GLWS John

You can put some vacuum to the diaphragm to check it. I had one yesterday that would not pull because the ball bearings under the advance plate were stuck with old dried up grease, Cleaned and greased it and holds vacuum and the plate pivots smoothly. Very similar to 50 year old wiper motors. GLWS John
Agree with everything John said. I have overhauled many of those units over the years. Just a matter of letting prospective buyers know what they’re getting.

How much are you asking? Very interested if only good for some parts.

PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom