SOLD Virginia-DUI distributor with Livewires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CondeCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Bought this stuff about 2 months ago. Decided to stay with the original setup for my 2F. Comes with Coolerman's relay kit as well.
$400 OBO shipped

20231121_072853.jpg

20231121_072807.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the ignorance….what is the function of the relay…does it isolate the positive voltage beyond the key switch? I am thinking of putting this in an FJ45. My FJ40 came with a DUI distributor and ran perfectly

Sorry for the ignorance….what is the function of the relay…does it isolate the positive voltage beyond the key switch? I am thinking of putting this in an FJ45. My FJ40 came with a DUI distributor and ran perfectly
This kit allows you to install a DUI distributor into your FJ25/40/45/55 and have it powered directly off the battery through a fused relay that is triggered by the OEM ignition power wire. This hookup kit guarantees the DUI will receive the full battery voltage.

Note: If you have a 1978 to 1980 FJ40 Please read this! Your truck has a resistor wire built into the harness. It is located inside the harness, and is spliced inbetween the key switch and the Black/Yellow wire that went to the OEM Ignition system. This wire takes the place of a ballast resistor and has a resistance of 1.2 Ohms. Its purpose, just like the ballast resistor it replaced, was to reduce the battery voltage on the Black/Yellow ignition wire to about 9 volts to match the low impeadance coil. This reduced voltage is not good for the DUI. The DUI needs the full +12V in order to work as designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom