VA-GWNF Dec. 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am up for whatever. Ihave been wheeling the Riven Rock area. Actaully that is all I have run. I did go to the damn off 33 before WV and rode up the top of a mountain, but that could have been done in a RAV-4.

I hear flagpole is pretty, but not very challenging.

Honestly I am up for whatever.

Same here eric,

I dont have any specific preferences. Unfornately i will be getting my sliders in the mail on monday the 5th. But other then not having those, im up for anything.

Any word on the total count of people that might be coming?

Cruiserhead05 said:
Same here eric,

I dont have any specific preferences. Unfornately i will be getting my sliders in the mail on monday the 5th. But other then not having those, im up for anything.

Any word on the total count of people that might be coming?

Not sure how many people are coming. I checked the thread on midattlantic and no one has posted in a few days.
I have no problem wheeling Riven Rock area again. It is always different depending on the weather (rain)

I also have not needed my sliders there--not to say you can't use them, but you can avoid damage.

Hopfully more will chime in this week.

They are meeting at 930 in H-burg. I was planning on leaving Richmond a little after 7am on Saturday:cool:

Cruiserhead05 said:
Sounds good. where exactly are they meeting in h-burg?
the shell gas station on 33. past the twon square. It is right after the closed up Food Lion on the right as you head towards GWNF

Hey I would like to join yall if that is okay. I live in Farmville VA and I am from GA so I will need directions but I would love to go to try those trails. Any info? Eric I could meet you in Richmond on Saturday at 7 and caravan there if that works.

Last edited:
I will prolly be down. Im gonna be home this weekend anyways so i might see you guys there. I'll see if Chris (thegr8doughboy) is interested too.

-Brian-

Keep in mind that the general firearm season for deer hunting maybe still open. Don't go wandering off too far off the trail to take a leak, maybe pack an orange or some other bright jacket. You don't want some hunter firing on you thinking you're a deer walking on two legs.

So eric does meeting in Charlettesville work for you since otherwise all we would be doing is backtracking to Richmond then go through Charlettesville? Either way works though. Whatever is easier for you.

Charlettesville..... Nice spelling.

I picked up a Gazetteer today. I am without GPS, but I am comparing the FR on the map with trails I remember running. A lot of the trails are not on the map. I am very accurate within a small area (Riven Rock) b/c I have camped between the start of the forest and the large damn off 33, a few miles away from WV.

I have heard Flagpole is a pretty run, but not challenging. However, there are a number FR on the North side of 33 that I have not run. Possibilities are open.

There was also a lot of rain earlier this week, so the trails should be wet. I am not worried :great:

Josh- we can meet in C-H-A-R-L-O-T-T-E-S-V-I-L-L-E around 830am.

Exams?? eff that. I've ran a bunch of those trails up there. I live like 30 min away. We should run salt shed (it would prolly be fun with all the recent rain), Dictums has a pretty challenging part but i think most of us would definitely need sliders (unless you dont mind body damage). Second mountain used to be sweet, but then they bull-dozed everything over and filled it in, there are still some steep hill climbs, and tanktraps here and there. Whatever you guys feel like running.

-Brian-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom