V8 ToyTec springs with winch + mini "build" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

New here, was doing lots of research to see if my current setup would support the weight of a winch and fairly lightweight mount for my '07 V8 4runner. I came across a thread here by BurnsCrew about his old 4th gen with the same front setup with a heavy bumper and winch and decided to give it a shot and post the results in case someone else happens to wonder if these springs would support a lightweight-ish winch setup.

I'm happy to say that they do, I only saw about 1/2" or less of front sag vs no winch. The 4runner rides exactly the same as it did previously, so I'm quite glad overall.

I didn't choose this setup, it was on when I purchased the vehicle -- it's all still in fairly decent shape, so I'll run it until I want to or am forced to upgrade to something more substantial and taller. Overall, for my type of trail riding and mild-moderate offroading here in Colorado, the setup has done well, rides very comfortably, and flexes decently -- although I would like more height and 33's in the future.

Toytec/Eibach 112620 w/Bilstein 5100's on bottom perch in the front, sway bar deleted.
Toytec RCCHD rear springs w/Toytec Boss shocks in the rear.
SPC Upper Control Arms
265/70/17 E Falken Wildpeak AT3W's on 17x8.5 -6mm MB Legacy wheels
RCI steel engine and transmission skid plates, ordering t-case soon
LFD Offroad hidden winch mount (About 50lbs)
Smittybilt X20 10K comp (about 70lbs)
Custom sliders by Foothills Offroad Transformations
2nd-hand DIY'd rear drawers with lots of gear/spares/recovery gear/etc
KAON rear ceiling shelf for Prado 120
Other random odds and ends (Antenna, first aid kit/spare radios/etc on the seat back, etc)

Thanks for having me! Hopefully, someone in the future doesn't have to search as much as I did about these springs to see if they could maybe support the weight. :rofl:

Happy fourth to all!

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

20210703_125655.jpg

20210619_104143.jpg

20210610_191650.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom