Utes In The U.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although I don't care much for the bling-bling of the newer ones, the earlier GWagons in any configuration are way cool. I however, was always concerned with the upkeep cost of a Mercedes.

My wife drives a G550 and I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised, super low upkeep thus far, 43K. I had the same concerns. That's it off to the right, LOL.

thumbnail_IMG_4380.jpg

Although I don't care much for the bling-bling of the newer ones, the earlier GWagons in any configuration are way cool. I however, was always concerned with the upkeep cost of a Mercedes.

Hello,

Same here.

G-Wagons are cool but parts prices are a concern for me.

As for shop rates, they are not for the faint of heart in my neck of the woods.

Juan

I have this 75 sitting in the pasture , collecting some more parts for it and trying to make up my mind on engine and trans before I rip it completely apart

To me I prefer the 75 with removable top over the 79 , if the 79 was a crew cab it might be different ;)

View attachment 2328342
Is it not road worthy as it sets?

Is it not road worthy as it sets?
Not any more , engine/trans and rear axle already went to new homes.Like so many the rear frame is bad so I have a 80 frame here and a new 79 bed to start building it, just got to finish a few other projects first

Hello,

Same here.

G-Wagons are cool but parts prices are a concern for me.

As for shop rates, they are not for the faint of heart in my neck of the woods.

Juan
Older G wagens are as simple and reliable as 40 series. I worked a few years in a parts division of a Mercedes Truck dealership in Europe and most parts are actually very reasonable and cheaper then oem toyota parts.

Older G wagens are as simple and reliable as 40 series. I worked a few years in a parts division of a Mercedes Truck dealership in Europe and most parts are actually very reasonable and cheaper then oem toyota parts.

Hello,

Yes, older Geländewagen are simple and reliable, that is what makes them cool in my book.

I am glad to know G-wagon parts are affordable elsewhere. I wish that would be the case here.

Juan

Not any more , engine/trans and rear axle already went to new homes.Like so many the rear frame is bad so I have a 80 frame here and a new 79 bed to start building it, just got to finish a few other projects first
And the beds are sitting in my back yard. I’ve got a nice collection at the moment.

Back when AUS to US was operational, I really wanted to order a HJ75 Ute and this thread ain't helping!

I have 3 more customers ( Valley Hybrids ) who own them as well but I won't post them …..... I'll let them do so.

And we have a number of customers via Cruiser Brothers who own these vehicles, some have already responded to this thread.

Last edited:
@orangefj45 ..... "I have 3 more customers ( Valley Hybrids ) who own them as well but I won't post them …..... I'll let them do so."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more the merrier if they are willing to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom