Utes In The U.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moving along

thumbnail_IMG_5174.jpg

Well, I feel shadowed buy the amazing builds so many of you generate. I have long wanted a new body style 79, took a bit but I have acquired several 2020 HZJ79 bodies. I am using a 1997 FZJ80 chassis which I stretched with help from C2D. What an amazing dude! 13.5" stretch complete, extra perches removed, lift installed and tidying up before the heart transplant. I have chosen the R2.8 Cummins backed by an NV4500 and an FJ60 T-case from Georg. I'm using 255/85R16 Toyo MTs which are 33.5" tall, with stock gearing I can remain in the peak economy and entry performance at 68MPH. Hope she's a mileage monster? We shall see.

View attachment 2327674

View attachment 2327675
Do you have a build thread somewhere?

@joekatana ......"if the 79 was a crew cab it might be different".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm confident those will appear in the not-so-distant future. :)

@joekatana ......"if the 79 was a crew cab it might be different".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm confident those will appear in the not-so-distant future. :)

Me too :)

Do you have a build thread somewhere?

I do not. There is little doubt that this truck will run and function as the tool it was intended but it is impossible to contribute anything of value after seeing the builds done here. I am keeping it impossibly simple, in fact, I'm grafting an FJ40 dash as a way of paying homage to how I arrived here. I extracted the 40 dash this morning and orchestrated the fitment, I'm pleased. I wish I had taken a better mental inventory of the ARB fitment C2D completed, I'll get it but quite a bit of stuff going on with that little left handed backflip. I'm weighing things as we go and Given the full ARB bumper with Zeon 10S and a 503# R2.8 wet plus the accoutrements I think the front drop should look right. I ordered a set of the KUT SNAKE flares from C2D which I will not need as I'm going to use the FJ40 rear flares as they leave the same reveal as the front fenders without flares. As I get older I appreciate OEM a lot more when it comes to wheels, I had some trepidation about the 255/85/16 Toyo MTs but it appears that they will look just right for me. With the body being slightly higher I will have corrected the rake that isn't becoming to me and at the same time I will introduce some distance between the body and the HOT BITS which will be welcome, my 45/80,while a blast to drive, is a touch warmer than I like. For anyone who hasn't closed a door after C2D soundproofs, he creates an absolute vault. I installed (2) layers of 80mil with zero lot lines and aluminum taped the seems, wow. I didn't opt for the roll on finish coating as I probably wouldn't function with a truck that nice or I'm lazy and choose not to learn new stuff? I remember several years ago when I first joined this page and was torn to shreds over a 45 I had, I really appreciate all of you now and can't praise the guidance enough. Thank you. My Inferno Red 45/80 will be available soon if anyone is into that sort of thing????

thumbnail_58932217589__94E3D4A1-55BB-4980-90D3-1ACBE2E04F84.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2696.jpg

Last edited:
Back when AUS to US was operational, I really wanted to order a HJ75 Ute and this thread ain't helping!

AUStoUSA brought this one over for me last spring after I found it on Gumtree. Had another importer tell me there wasn't much interest in pickups in the USA. 🤔

1993 HZJ75, dual tanks, batteries, factory locking diffs.
3A68DCF6-F36E-419B-83C6-BA34BFB91352 by W_burden, on Flickr

AUStoUSA brought this one over for me last spring after I found it on Gumtree. Had another importer tell me there wasn't much interest in pickups in the USA. 🤔

3A68DCF6-F36E-419B-83C6-BA34BFB91352 by W_burden, on Flickr
It's hard to tell from this marginal photograph but I parked next to your truck's twin today.
image.jpeg

WOW. That's the best one I've seen yet!

Since this is a Toyota forum, are we legally allowed to talk about that G wagon Ute, @Eco 45 ???

Cause I wanna hear all about it! Those are the rarest of the rare, no?

We have a regular cab G Ute here that I see all the time...its awesome and the best part is the child seat that rides shotgun!

I believe that brings the Toyota Ute's to a total of 18.
I didn't include the 45 Series trucks or the ones from our German friends. :)

There's a guy in Tampa with a AUS 75 series pickup......I saw it once when I was at his place.

There's a guy in Tampa with a AUS 75 series pickup......I saw it once when I was at his place.
Don't you own a camera phone? :lol:

I don't want to post up the guy's truck without permission. I think I saw it in 2012 or 13. Sold the guy a 45LV and saw it when we dropped it off.

I don't want to post up the guy's truck without permission. I think I saw it in 2012 or 13. Sold the guy a 45LV and saw it when we dropped it off.
I understand. Simply my efforts at humor. I learned my lesson when it comes to posting photos. :)

Is that Toyota 6h9, Greyish Olive?
I'm planning to do the Troopy in 6h9 one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom