Utes In The U.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although they are unfortunately not in the U.S., a friend sent me this cool photo from down under.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems like a LOT of bang for the buck. :)
I assume it’s subject to the “chicken tax” that is mentioned from time to time?

I think the chicken tax doesn’t apply to Canada or Mexico because of NAFTA.
Still gotta pay an import tax but it’s way lower than 25%.

I think the chicken tax doesn’t apply to Canada or Mexico because of NAFTA.
Still gotta pay an import tax but it’s way lower than 25%.

This may require further investigation. I believe the exemption from the chicken tax only applies to vehicles manufactured in NAFTA countries.

This may require further investigation. I believe the exemption from the chicken tax only applies to vehicles manufactured in NAFTA countries.

That is what I understand also... all goes back to the original manufacturer location.

I have had to pay import taxes on bringing in truck beds from Canada from 79 series trucks.

A 75 pickup is high on my list. I want to build an off-roader and rock crawler out of one. So really I just need a good cab and frame. The rest I will do up custom.

If the world ever returns to normal I may bring one in. Not hard to find if you don’t care about the condition of most of the truck. Finding a good one, now that is hard, at least in LHD.

Cheers

I just bought a 1989 HJ75 dual cab longbox from Scott at Eco Offroad earlier this year. It has a 6.5 Chevy diesel that was converted by Brunswick Diesel in Australia. It had fuel system issues when I picked it up. I replace the injection pump, electric fuel pump. The in tank fuel filter was the big issue as well as an extra gasket on the fuel filter that was blocking the flow of fuel through the filter. New power steering pump. I still have a number of small items to sort out. It starts right up now and I've made a couple local runs. There is some rust in the body but the chassis is solid. I love the truck and its a blast to drive.

20200701_110142.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom