Using hard top bikini style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was wodering is anyone ever made a metal frame to replace the sides of the hard top and keep the fiberglass top on? I'd like to see a photo if any one has done this.

I'm not a welder but I'm considering having the frame work made. I'm concerned that having the sides and back open might put too much stress on the top.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Funny you say that.. I've thought of the same thing..

When it's raining (my top is disassembled) I throw the top over the cage and put a tarp over that..

anyhow it looks pretty cool like that.. (without the tarp)

IF you have a family style roll cage you could have someone make some clamps that bolt to the cage and secure teh top...

I do have a family roll cage and thought about attaching the top to it, but driving around with out the top recently I've noticed that the cage seems to shake or move differently than the windshield. I'm a little worried about screwing up the hard top.

i've got pictures of that somewhere at home. i'll try to remember when i get there. fiberglass top, with metal frame and snap in side curtains.

I do have a family roll cage and thought about attaching the top to it, but driving around with out the top recently I've noticed that the cage seems to shake or move differently than the windshield. I'm a little worried about screwing up the hard top.

Yeah that's true.... Frame would be better then.

Cheers! and do post picks if you do it..:beer:

I'd love to see those photos as this would be what I have in mind, --- a cross between a soft and hard top.

i've got pictures of that somewhere at home. i'll try to remember when i get there. fiberglass top, with metal frame and snap in side curtains.

i'd like to see some pics of that! i've thought of doing that on a truck or two. just havent' ever gotten to it.

Just bumping this back up.

GREAT IDEA!
I would like to see some photo's as well, never thought of this idea myself but it sounds interesting enough to give a try. Of course after seeing some pictures first.

One of the guys I ride with has a piece of Diamond plate attached to the top of his roll cage. We tease him about the "Meteor Shield" but it actualy looks decent and works pretty well.
You could probably do the same thing with any sheet metal.

here ya go
camp2.JPG

Guess I'm not the only one with this idea :doh: thanks for the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom