Used Vic. people seem to think their CR*P is gold! Or is it me? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A RHD gas 80 for only $78k!!

1698689872679.png

WTF - no surveillance electronics on this model? From last century........

A while back I had a close look at a diesel Jetta with a big lift. The owner didn’t know exactly how much. There was a good 8-10” between the top of the tires and the top of the wheel wells.

Had Jeep rims and larger tires on it. Fuel economy and logging road ability on the same car.

Heck I’ve got a 1.5” lift in our Prius… it’ll now clear an upright beer can without knocking it over. For Canada’s roads they should’ve come this way. Can easily get another inch with bigger tires… 2.5” isn’t bad compared to stock.

This belongs here. Right beside the $100,000 Sprinter Van. This is by far the coolest fry pan I’ve ever seen. I wish I had $199.00 USD to just piss away. I saw it in the Denver Bass Pro Shop. LOL! It’s a pretty piece of kitchenware.

IMG_8843.jpeg
IMG_8844.jpeg

You know whats pretty cool thing about the Bandierante is that is has a way better departure angle than the BJ43. The BJ43 has the same wheel base as the 40 series but a crappy departure angle. The bandieranted has the same departure and as the 40. They stretched the wheel base and the tub, The 43 just stretched the tub. I'll find some pictures so its less confusing.

Probably not a terrible price these days... But not a land cruiser so I stuck this here...

Ford focus, slightly modified....

View attachment 3470164
In his add he referred to it as a Ford ****us... I can't imagine why his beat on car hasn't sold.

I agree the departure angle is better and I'd imagine it will also handle better. The theoretical trade off is that the longer wheel base would be easier to high center and would have a larger turning circle.

Were I to stre3tch my 40, which I'd like to do (but I'll never realistically do), I'd only stretch the wheelbase by flipping the springs and using 60 series springs. Originally I'd figured the 5-6" longer the 43 is. The main reason for that being that I'd not have to stretch the structural part of the frame, I know it can be done, but I'd rather the 12" added only be supporting the rear of the body, not keeping the whole truck together. That's just my thoughts on the matter, and given that it won't happen in the next decade (if ever) I've got lots of time to reevaluate that decision.

Although looking at your tub, it would make stretching the tub easier as it would only need a flat section of floor vs inner fenders. Perhaps my logic is flawed, and I should just hire a welder to weld a stretched frame together... and while I'm at it, why stop at 12"? I could add a new B pillar, make custom doors, and push the hardtop sides further back... making for a 4-door 43.5?? Or simply circle back to keeping it a 40 and keeping life simpler. Unfortunately, everything is a compromise and our system doesn't reward those who have seven different cars to meet each ot their daily needs.

HJ60.... needs transmission and rust repair. $21.5k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom