Use 200 series as a mobile office? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a few pictures…
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_3561.jpeg

I have this setup. I have a laptop ram mount docking station with a quick disconnect in the front passenger side.
The whole thing disconnects when not in use except for the bottom plate that is bolted to the seat mounts.
They don't list the LC but the Tundra one fits.
It's comfortable if sitting in the passenger seat.

Similar to this but docking so it locks in place without the side grabbers.

Last edited:
I imagine you can fabricate some turning table to use on passenger seat that has one leg bolted on the floor inside the console, through the cup holders space. My Volvo had an accessory on that idea but the leg was bolted to the side of the console/tunnel. Some police cars have a similar thing for the driver to access a laptop like device.
That will give the best ergonomics as you can then adjust your position by moving the front seat.
The problem with the computer mounted setups in police cars is it really takes away from the leg space in the front passenger seat.

The problem with the computer mounted setups in police cars
Looks like the above post of the RAM support for Tundra doesn't have that problem. Just unscrew the horizontal swing arm to take it off. Whatever is left doesn't take too much space.

Looks like the above post of the RAM support for Tundra doesn't have that problem. Just unscrew the horizontal swing arm to take it off. Whatever is left doesn't take too much space.
Nice, then I’d go this route.

With the docking removed. (1 plug and 1 quick disconnect).

Mobile Office 01.jpg

Mobile Office 02.jpg

Mobile Office 03.jpg

Last edited:
I work from the truck often. Drive to the trails, morning shift online, get in a nice lunchtime mountain bike ride, and then finish the afternoon before heading home. I keep a camp chair and table in the truck. WiFi from a 5G hotspot. Power from the Dometic battery that runs my fridge. The biggest trick is picking a parking spot with a nice view from under the tailgate that’s also in deep enough shade to keep the glare off of your screen. Also good noise cancelling headphones for conference calls.
Love it— this is why I’m installing starlink on my rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom