USA Venturecraft trailer for $2700 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congratulations NC LX !!! I was just in the process of typing up my conversion. Here is the record for the thread :

Dexter Hub 8-251 665HUB3500 $47.99 each, Qty x2 (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Large Bearing BR-L68149 Tapr Cone, Strg Bore $6.58 each, Qty x2 (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Small Bearing BR-L44649 Tapr Cone, Strg Bore $3.95 each, Qty x2 (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Grease Cap Installation Tool part # 290-991, Qty x1 $10.99 (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Grease Cap PN 21-3-PL 1.98" A-Lube, Galvanized Qty x2, $2.99 each (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Grease Cap Rubber Plug PN 7700053 Qty x2, $1.37 each (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Axle Oil Seal Part # 171255TB Qty x2 Description OIL SEAL-1719DL CR17146, each $2.75 (Straight Line Suspension, Mesa, AZ)
Wheel Studs Dorman PN 610-343 M12-1.50 15.55 Knurl Stud Qty 12, Each $1.99 (Autozone)
Tube of Moly Bearing Grease StLube Molygraph (NAPA) to pack bearings (~$5.75 ish)
BFG AT T/A KO2 LT245 70 R17 total installed with lifetime balance (no hazard warranty purchased) $497.39 for both total

And she looks like this today with 17" Tundra 5 Spoke Wheels which match the tow rig (rubber slightly smaller on trailer though)

upload_2017-5-14_19-12-34.png

upload_2017-5-14_19-13-20.png

upload_2017-5-14_19-13-52.png

upload_2017-5-14_19-14-20.png

Decided to take the trailer out for its first real shakedown run to ensure the new bearings are reliable, and that the new hubs and overall trailer operation is tight.

Left my home in SE Chandler and headed out the 60 up to Globe.

Some pretty serious fires in the woods above the city (near Pinal Mtn), the smoke can been seen from the valley as well.

When I got there, there were a few helicopters flying around but that was it. I was hoping to see a massive aerial firefighting plane come swopping down over the peak to drop its water load, but that did not happen.

Headed out of Globe down the 77 towards Winkelman. It is a gorgeous drive down a long winding road. Lots of motorcycles and classic cars were making the cruise up and down this road along with me.

I arrived in Winkelman and turned north up the 177 back towards Superior. About 22 miles north of Winkelman is the Asarco Ray Mining Operations public view point. What a great place for a pit stop (outhouse available) and to watch a very active Cu mine in full operation. From the view point and with a good pair of binoc’s, I was able to see numerous massive shovels and the 240 ton Liebher dump trucks in full mining mode. They have a great picture board wall that speaks to mining operations in Ray and reviews the heavy equipment used in the hole below. There is also discussion on how they extract the metal from the rock that they mine. I would recommend this place as a day trip/stop-over as for me, there was a real ‘cool’ factor about it.

Left the mine and made my way home, the trailer operated flawlessly and she is ready for the Casner run in June.

upload_2017-5-29_7-55-29.png

upload_2017-5-29_7-56-17.png

upload_2017-5-29_7-56-36.png

upload_2017-5-29_7-56-57.png

upload_2017-5-29_7-57-18.png

Did work at the Asarco smelter in the late eighties/early nineties. Stopped a few times at the Ray Mine. Remember we combined a few small A/Cs in a larger commercial one. Ran exposed duct on flat top roof. Started on a Friday and finished Monday. Over the weekend end that Brite shiny sheet metal turn to a dull finish that looked like it was twenty years old from all the acid in the air. At that time they were buying copper ingots from Mexico and running thru there more refined smelter to get gold out. That smelter was very active at that time. Interesting place to work especially the chillers by the control rooms but knowing what it did to the paint on the cars in the area knew the air couldn't be good to breath.

Did work at the Asarco smelter in the late eighties/early nineties. Stopped a few times at the Ray Mine. Remember we combined a few small A/Cs in a larger commercial one. Ran exposed duct on flat top roof. Started on a Friday and finished Monday. Over the weekend end that Brite shiny sheet metal turn to a dull finish that looked like it was twenty years old from all the acid in the air. At that time they were buying copper ingots from Mexico and running thru there more refined smelter to get gold out. That smelter was very active at that time. Interesting place to work especially the chillers by the control rooms but knowing what it did to the paint on the cars in the area knew the air couldn't be good to breath.

I'd love to get down into that pit for a few hours to see it up close and personal. Definitely would not want to work down there based on what you saw. Hopefully those folks wear some sort of PPE when they are outside in the dust.

What are people doing to secure loads inside the cargo box? Mine currently just has stuff in it and there doesn't seem to be any lashing points to secure the cargo. I have a porta potti, step ladder, tire chock, shower bag, small wooden platform to stand on for shower. Maybe a few other items will be thrown in.

I mounted 6 anchor points on the floor and use something I picked up at the overland expo to strap everything down. It has caribiners that I hook to the anchor points. You can use one of those stretch cargo nets placed over everything and anchor to the tie down points.

Did you a
I mounted 6 anchor points on the floor and use something I picked up at the overland expo to strap everything down. It has caribiners that I hook to the anchor points. You can use one of those stretch cargo nets placed over everything and anchor to the tie down points.

Did a mat or any padding underneath?

I added the 80 series anchor points from the rear of @Cruddz rolled 80 to my trailer. That and a nice heavy new with straps keeps everything nice and tight.

Did you a

Did a mat or any padding underneath?
No mat or padding as I use a few cases to stores things in and then strap them down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom