USA Venturecraft trailer for $2700 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Matt, Yes, I do have a spare rim that you can have. No cost.

It's been painted to "match" the OEM Dark Smoke color for this rim style. It's close, but that exact shade is impossible to match (couldn't find the color code for the life of me).

It's in really good condition.

Any plans to come into the valley soon? Hit me up on IM.

I'm planning to convert mine to 6 x 5.5. I picked up a pair of Dexter 3500lbs hubs from Straight Line suspension in Mesa. They fit fine. I highly recommend this place for any trailer parts or questions. Mike was great to work with.

I want to install the same 5 spoke Tundra wheels and tires (255 80 r17 BFG KM2) as my truck so I'm sourcing the studs now. It's been quite the task to figure this all out.

I'm picking up the studs this AM at Vatozone. I rough fit the combo last night after removing the original hub and the fit looks good, maybe a little close to the frame on the inside. I may have to have a 1/2 to 1" spacer machined (and longer studs) to get the wheel centered perfectly in the fender but I won't know until it all goes back together later today. Clearance from the top of the tire to the fender looks good. I would not expect any rubbing.

I did buy the wheel spacer/converter mentioned before but pushing the wheel out by 2" put it out to nearly rubbing on the outer fender verticle lip so I'm trying the hub conversion route now. If the hub trick does not work I'll go back to the OEM hubs and spacer and then I'll modify the fender to get the right fit.

Rudster - question for you, can you tell if your Trailblazer axle is OEM or has it been modified at all to accommodate the heavier rims/tires by the previous owner?
@ verruckt1 I am not sure and tried to look for the original post but seemed to not have all the info. . If you want to look at it let me know

Here is the OEM hub:

upload_2017-5-7_8-51-47.png
upload_2017-5-7_8-52-16.png

and the new Dexter 3500lbs Hub with Dorman 12M 1.5 studs installed, new bearings and dust shield. The fit was perfect.

upload_2017-5-7_8-53-54.png

Fitted up the 255 80 r17 KM2 on the Tundra 5 Spoke OEM rim and it is tight:

upload_2017-5-7_8-55-32.png

upload_2017-5-7_8-56-16.png

upload_2017-5-7_8-56-49.png

Discount Tire gave me a used 245 65 r17 to test fit and it was pretty much OEM like, maybe 1/2 inch taller. But, the fit was great with plenty of clearance all around.

upload_2017-5-7_9-0-57.png

I ended up ordering the LT245 70 r17 KO2's which will give me an additional 1+ inch of height and they should fill the wheel well nicely. I should have those installed by Tuesday night.

Once I have everything put together and it works, I will post PN's and cost for others in case there is interest.

I really did like the look with the 255's on there, but to install a lift of some sort would be more work than I want/need to invest in this project.

upload_2017-5-7_9-2-49.png

My hubs were upgraded to accommodate the rims. Looking really good Pete

Pete, caution on lift....the canvas for the tent is only so long, if you get too high then you will need a platform like Phil and Rudster use.

Last edited:
Pete, caution on lift....the canvas for the tent is only so long, if you get to high then you will need a platform like Phil and Rudster use.

Mine seems maxed out with 31" tires. I guess tires could be deflated a bit at camp to get another inch or two possibly. Not sure the trailer weighs enough to compress the tires much.

Don't get a whole lot of compression airing down due to lack of weight

I was running 8 pounds on the Michelins and still no sidewall flex

Pete, caution on lift....the canvas for the tent is only so long, if you get to high then you will need a platform like Phil and Rudster use.

Thanks Steve. I was going to look at this once I have my new tires installed to see if something like that is needed. I probably would build a portable platform anyways to keep the canvas/base off of the bare (and possibly wet) ground. Tires installed onto the rims today and they made it home from Discount Tire in good order. Probably will not have the time to install them onto the trailer until Sunday (after Expo).

@verruckt1,once you get the final size tire mounted on the traler set the tent up to see how the vestibule reaches the floor . Then determine if you need a platform and how high. My fenders are much wider than @ Saddletramp so it pushes my vestibule out slightly.

My fenders are much wider than @ Saddletramp so it pushes my vestibule out slightly.

Wider fenders, aftermarket, still detachable with thumb screws?

LCP platform.
image.jpeg

You may also need a few blocks to put your landing leg on to for the flip out. All workable

Thanks for the feedbacks guys. Hoping to get time Sunday to see what I need to do with the platform and bed support bracket offsets. I see building a small platform in my future.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys. Hoping to get time Sunday to see what I need to do with the platform and bed support bracket offsets. I see building a small platform in my future.

You shouldn't need a platform with the 30.5" tires you chose. I am running 31" tires with no platform and no issues.

I picked this 97 Venturecraft up Friday. The canvas tent is still like new. It looks like NOS. Its not the same as what I'm seeing y'all have out west but the potential is still there.

I'm curious about the part # used for the 6 lug wheels. Id like to add a 6 lug Toyota wheel to match my 80. Yesterday I separated the body from the frame for rust prevention and paint.

tent closed .jpg
tent open .jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom