Urgent. Won't go out of 4wd. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So much for "urgent".......:lol:

Was up at 3:22, so taking a wee break. I'll try swapping the lines tonight or tomorrow.
I was up at 3:22 also.....
Of course I just scratched myself and went back to sleep. :)

Ya cruiserdan, I wish I could change title. At the time I wasn't sure if I could drive the truck with it locked in. My brain wasn't working and didn't realize unlocking the hubs would make it fine to drive even with the light still on. Panicked.

Edit. I have Alberto to thank after I called him right away, he informed me just to unlock the hubs for now. I owe you all a beer.

You know what woody said...

"THIS IS A PERFECT TIME TO PANIC!"

Did somebody say "beer"?

:grinpimp:

Do they still sell ripple? or boons farm?

Similar issue saturday wheeling in the mountains with a 62. swapped the vacuum lines. Worked fine after that, switching them each time I had to engage or dis engage.
Took the valves out this morning, knocked them around a bit, seems to be working fine.

Good stuff ......
image.jpg

I have never had Ripple...I feel I'm missing out on something here.

Update. I switched them around and as I was told it popped out. I switched the lines back to original and it would go in and out without an issue. Does this make any sense to anyone? Is there any logical reason why switching them around, then back again, makes it now function perfectly? Or just count my blessings?

Sure, Cruiser Karma.
Or maybe, like anything that might have a diaphragm, it's gonna be moody.
But probably, vacuum driven actuators need to be exercised occasionally, industrial controls call it position memory, but it's not that complicated, just got stuck.

I'm paddling after king mackerel in the morning, right off your beach. Hydration therapy after that?

image.jpg
I'm paddling after king mackerel in the morning, right off your beach. Hydration therapy after that?
Hydration therapy for who? :)

i love this site. thanks Dan. took aprox 14 seconds to get it out of 4wd by reversing the hoses. now i just need to know what part to replace....

anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom